The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-21-2010, 09:57 PM   #1
Joey Newell

1966 door window replacement?

okay so i bought some new doors today for $200 i didn't think it was a bad deal compared to how bad my doors are. but i don't know how to take the glass out so i can put my tinted glass in from the original doors. any help guys?!
Attached Images

Joey Newell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 10:52 PM   #2
nhtc33d

Re: 1966 door window replacement?

Lilred66 wrote this how-to awhile back. I just reassembled my doors and followed his directions and it went well. I put the run channels and anti-rattle strips in the door shell first. I then put the glass regulator in the door with the screws loose, then the door glass with the open channel on the bottom of the door facing into the cab, I put it on the track and then put the regulator on the track attached to the door shell. With the glass down, I insert the vent window assembly. I loosely insert the three screws into the door, along the front edge, to secure the vent window assembly, followed by the two screws at the bottom of the vent window assembly leg. I then begin tightening the screws, frequently checking to ensure the window regulator will function properly.

I have found the most important part is to avoid forcing anything into place...if it doesn't go rather easily, something is out of place or catching up on something. When done properly, they don't fall into place, but the assembly process is relatively easy and pain-free.

I hope this information helps and let me know if I can provide any additional information. Good luck and let us know how things turn out.
nhtc33d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 11:55 PM   #3
Joey Newell

Re: 1966 door window replacement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhtc33d View Post
Lilred66 wrote this how-to awhile back. I just reassembled my doors and followed his directions and it went well. I put the run channels and anti-rattle strips in the door shell first. I then put the glass regulator in the door with the screws loose, then the door glass with the open channel on the bottom of the door facing into the cab, I put it on the track and then put the regulator on the track attached to the door shell. With the glass down, I insert the vent window assembly. I loosely insert the three screws into the door, along the front edge, to secure the vent window assembly, followed by the two screws at the bottom of the vent window assembly leg. I then begin tightening the screws, frequently checking to ensure the window regulator will function properly.

I have found the most important part is to avoid forcing anything into place...if it doesn't go rather easily, something is out of place or catching up on something. When done properly, they don't fall into place, but the assembly process is relatively easy and pain-free.

I hope this information helps and let me know if I can provide any additional information. Good luck and let us know how things turn out.
aww cool thank you so much! i will for sure let you know how this goes.
Joey Newell is offline   Reply With Quote