The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-22-2010, 05:28 PM   #1
NuBomb

Thumbs up Retrosound

Started having problems with my model one radio from retrosound. Looked to their website to decide what to do and saw my radio had a 2-year warranty. I didn't save the receipt, but paypal records showed I had bought it 20 months ago. Emailed, sent it to them, and they sent me a BRAND NEW radio(updated model).

I haven't installed it yet, but will soon. Great customer service. If I every get to build another truck I'll buy another.

North Georgia Group

"... And the first rule to being a man is you gotta spend your life doing crap you don't wanna do." Red Forman.
NuBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 07:49 PM   #2
dan42

Re: Retrosound

Their customer service is great; however, I was never able to get the flash drive to work properly. It works when the truck is idling, but as soon as you rev the motor even a little bit, it stops working. I think they sent me a couple of different ones, but the bottom line is that I still have no flash drive - so I will probably sell the radio on the board and cut my dash.
dan42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 10:46 PM   #3
NuBomb

Re: Retrosound

I didn't have that problem with either the old one or the new model. In fact, the best working part of the old one I had was the flash drive. I used the flashdrive almost exclusively. I finally installed the new one, and it is great. Everything seems to be working fine and the new model accepts SD cards (who knew?) and is louder than the older model. I thought the older one needed and amp, but this new model is definitely more powerful.

North Georgia Group

"... And the first rule to being a man is you gotta spend your life doing crap you don't wanna do." Red Forman.
NuBomb is offline   Reply With Quote