The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-30-2010, 01:08 AM   #1
jerry moss
Born Psycho

junkyard find-72 K/5

hey everyone, haven't been here for a long time. it's been a rough year and a half-split with my girlfriend of 6 + years, death of my stepmom, trying to help my dad and health issues of my own. this past weekend i decided to hit a local yard i hadn't been to in ages and it had several 67-72 trucks and one 72 blazer. this blazer has the cleanest and most rustfree tub i've seen in years-they won't sell it whole either. the doors, tailgate, top, and insturment panel are gone but we got the seats-original upholstery and two of the three are very nice, a bunch of interior trim pieces, automatic trans 4wd shift linkage, 4wd dipstick and tube, 4 groove crank pulley, steel line from fuel pump to carb, a-c brackets, 4wd a-c vacuum pod bracket, blazer only sunvisors, and an auxillary battery box from another pickup. he charged us $170.00 for all of it-not a great deal but not bad either. depending on price and weather i am going to cut off the windshield frame-rustfree and perfect-, and the original rollbar. the paint on the rear floor and wheel tubs looks as good as it was when brand new. it's a real shame to cut it up but the owner flat out refuses to sell it in one piece. the ONLY rust is very small in the rockers.
69 suburban K20-tilt,tach,vacuum,speedwarning,buckets,shoulder belts,am/fm,4 inch all spring lift,4 speed, 14 bolt full floater, dana 44 HD,warn winch,posi front and rear,tow hooks,plus other goodies.
73/80 chevy/gmc K20 SB400,turbo 400,205,tilt,a-c,gas hog.
77 K/5 cheyenne blazer-daily driver/beater. SON HAS IT NOW
BRENTWOOD,CALIFORNIA
jerry moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 02:37 AM   #2
cvalcore

Re: junkyard find-72 K/5

any pics
cvalcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 11:28 PM   #3
D.PASSMORE
One of the First

Good to see ya back Jerry! David

'71 SWB K/10 CUSTOM DELUXE (Chili)
'72 BLAZER K/5 Muscle Truck (Mule)
'72 LWB K/20 CHEYENNE (Blackie)
D.PASSMORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 12:05 AM   #4
jerry moss
Born Psycho

sorry, no pics. my computer crashed a while back and since i got it back from best buy my email is all jacked up and i haven't even tried re-installing my camera. i wish i had pics of this thing, it would make you cry even thinking about cutting it up but the yard owner is being a real butthead about selling it whole.

Dave ,
sent you a p.m.
69 suburban K20-tilt,tach,vacuum,speedwarning,buckets,shoulder belts,am/fm,4 inch all spring lift,4 speed, 14 bolt full floater, dana 44 HD,warn winch,posi front and rear,tow hooks,plus other goodies.
BRENTWOOD,CALIFORNIA
Old 12-01-2010, 06:28 AM   #5
RED72blazer
urban fourwheelin

I need the bed floor.
Old 12-01-2010, 10:05 AM   #6
Team

Please note that you must be a supporting member to post classified items. This includes but is not limited to What Its Worth, Want To Buy, Want To Trade, and For Sale. Please consider supporting the forum by subscribing. Further information on the subscription levels available are located here

If you need any further assistance with that please contact any Admin for help.

Last edited by 70cst; 12-01-2010 at 10:35 AM.
Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 12:06 AM   #7
jerry moss
Born Psycho

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED72blazer View Post
I need the bed floor.
someone supposedly had a deposit on the rear of the tub from the seats back. if i can make it out the this weekend i'll see if it's still there. i'll have to re-up my subscription before i can list parts/prices again. this was strictly a FYI post. we scored some nice stuff and there's still more to be had. it also has a huge winch/bumper , braden i believe was the name on the winch.
BRENTWOOD,CALIFORNIA
Old 12-06-2010, 01:06 AM   #8
jerry moss
Born Psycho

Smile Re: junkyard find-72 K/5

well the person that had a deposit on it hasn't came back to get it yet. my buddy that got the seats and stuff might buy the whole tub-he supposed to make up his mind by tomorrow. if he doesn't want it, i'll post a phone number and it'll be fair game for everyone interested in parts. this is not mine and i'm not selling anything nor will i be getting a dime from the yard owner if someone here buys it. i'm only trying to help you guys with rust issues.
while i was there today i found a 71 motorhome way back in the far corner of the yard and scored a very nice original steering wheel and 68-71 black armrests. then on the way out found another truck with all the a-c brackets (small block-7 brackets), this yard is a goldmine for our trucks, several are customcamper/20s.
i'll let you all know tomorrow, hopefully, where the yard is located. the prices aren't the best but there's a lot of good parts. some trucks are nearly complete still. they crushed a 69 or 70 with a pretty nice cab between last weekend and this saturday.
BRENTWOOD,CALIFORNIA
Old 12-06-2010, 10:08 PM   #9
jerry moss
Born Psycho

looks like my buddy will be buying the whole tub as long as the owner will negotiate a little on the price-he's asking 650 for the bare tub if we pull it and strip it. it's not a bad deal in my opinion but it's not my money either.
BRENTWOOD,CALIFORNIA
Old 12-08-2010, 09:49 PM   #10
jerry moss
Born Psycho

well, i stopped by today and made an offer that he accepted so looks like we will pick it up on friday as long as our crappy weather will cooperate.
BRENTWOOD,CALIFORNIA