The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-06-2010, 04:58 PM   #1
1970Naggi

1970 K10 LQ4 Motor Swap

I have a 1970 K10 pickup that I have decided to do an LQ4 motor swap on. I wanted to start this blog to track progress for those interested and also share information with those that completed this type of swap or those considering it. I will get some pics up of the truck as it is today sometime this week. I will also post some more background info on the truck and how I came to the decision to move forward with the swap. I appreciate all those who work to keep this site together so that we have a place like this to share ideas and stories.

More to come...
Posted via Mobile Device
1970Naggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 05:34 PM   #2
legendary

Re: 1970 K10 LQ4 Motor Swap

great idea!
subscribed
Many other toys as well...
legendary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 07:43 PM   #3
1970Naggi

Legendary, you have a '70 swb with a cummins in it?! I originally wanted to convert this thing over to the Duramax and Allison, but most of the guys I spoke to at GM said the frame would not support the weight or torque of the motor. What have you found? I would have loved to put a diesel in this truck but I am certain that I will be extremely pleased with the 6.0 liter as well.
Posted via Mobile Device
1970Naggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 08:18 PM   #4
legendary

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1970Naggi View Post
Legendary, you have a '70 swb with a cummins in it?! I originally wanted to convert this thing over to the Duramax and Allison, but most of the guys I spoke to at GM said the frame would not support the weight or torque of the motor. What have you found? I would have loved to put a diesel in this truck but I am certain that I will be extremely pleased with the 6.0 liter as well.
Posted via Mobile Device
Hey there,

Yes I do. Did you see the pics? I am still working on a few last minute things - right now I am looking into what I am going to use for suspension. I want to lower it, but not sure on if I am going to use air or static drop - I guess I will find out once I put it through its paces. I am hoping to get some big hp/torque numbers..I would be pleased with 500-600 hp and 800+ ft lbs
Many other toys as well...
legendary is offline   Reply With Quote