The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-15-2010, 02:38 AM   #1
jbengert

Muffler Suggestions 1970 C10

Just purchased a 1970 C10, 350 engine with headers and I need to replace the mufflers. I believe the current mufflers are glass packs that have been completely broken down because they don't seem to be muffling anything. Great sound but too loud. Looking for a medium aggressive sound. Any ideas? Borla, flowmaster, magnaflow what works best?

Thanks for your input.
jbengert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 10:54 AM   #2
68Stepbed

Re: Muffler Suggestions 1970 C10

I used to be all for Flowmasters, but I'm leaning more toward the Magnaflows as of late. I still like Flowmasters, but I'm liking the Mags too.

If you go Flowmasters, make sure you get some with Delta Flow Technology. They have a cleaner, smoother sound than the originals.

Also, :welcome: to the board and congrats on your purchase of the greatest GM truck style ever produced.

68 C10 stepside, LS1/700R4, TCI Engineering suspension system

Last edited by 68Stepbed; 12-15-2010 at 10:55 AM.
68Stepbed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 11:38 AM   #3
dznucks

The Edelbrock SDT mufflers are mild but aggressive. I am the only person running them on this site, that I have seen.

I didnt want to go Flow's or Magnaflow's and I wanted something a little better than glasspacks. I wanted a milder, yet still aggressive sound.
I found the Edlebrock Stainless mufflers on sale for $85/pcs at summit, so i bought those. I have been very happy with them. there not too loud, but people still hear you coming. No drone and not loud on the highway either.

This is the only video i have that has audio, I was having issues with an Edelbrock carb, thats why the A/F meter keeps going lean.

Last edited by dznucks; 12-15-2010 at 11:45 AM.
dznucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 11:45 AM   #4
96blazr

jbengert. I'm using Hooker Areochambers and they sound GOOOOOOD!!
You and I have, basically, the same setup: 350 with headers. I thought long and hard and did some serious research before I bought them. I went on Youtube and looked for videos and listened to everything I could, but one thing became clear; The Areochambers are a flow-through muffler and have the highest rated flow of any of them, but the main reason was the sound.
They have a Low, Deep sound and it's aggresive without the nasty "rap" like some of them, but not too loud. Sounds like I got a heathly Cam in my 350.

Look around and listen to the others, but give them a listen. www.holley.com/types/Aero%20Chamber.asp
www.holleytv.com/featured_landing.php?reset=true

Remember, no matter where you go,
There you are.

Gary
96blazr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 02:40 AM   #5
jbengert

Thanks guys. Very good suggestions and now its time to go shopping. Your input is greatly appreciated.
jbengert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 02:52 AM   #6
70jnktrk

Thumbs up Re: Muffler Suggestions 1970 C10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dznucks View Post
The Edelbrock SDT mufflers are mild but aggressive. I am the only person running them on this site, that I have seen.

I didnt want to go Flow's or Magnaflow's and I wanted something a little better than glasspacks. I wanted a milder, yet still aggressive sound.
I found the Edlebrock Stainless mufflers on sale for $85/pcs at summit, so i bought those. I have been very happy with them. there not too loud, but people still hear you coming. No drone and not loud on the highway either.

This is the only video i have that has audio, I was having issues with an Edelbrock carb, thats why the A/F meter keeps going lean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdfOosJRAtg
Sounds nice!
70jnktrk is offline   Reply With Quote