The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-19-2010, 08:49 AM   #1
tex_waco_usmc
Project Heaven in my 67!!!

Opinions needed...

So as some of you know, on project heaven I am putting a newer step bed on the back, however, the bed has been customized to look like the following:

Name:  ideal truck bed.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  41.8 KB

This is not my bed, this is just a mock up of what my bed could look like. My question is this. I haven't decided yet on exhaust, but this is an idea. I was thinking use the newer corvette exhaust tips in the roll pan. What do you think? Ideas? Opinions?

If you don't like it then what do you suggest I do for exhaust?
tex_waco_usmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 09:15 AM   #2
71sierragrande
Petroleum User

Re: Opinions needed...

Thats interesting and would be pretty unique centered like that. I like it. But I do think that I would space the pairs out to the sides myself(even if its only 12-18 inches apart). Its a great look either way, and you cant go wrong with that idea. Definitely reminds me of a vette.
71sierragrande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 09:19 AM   #3
tex_waco_usmc

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71sierragrande View Post
Thats interesting and would be pretty unique centered like that. I like it. But I do think that I would space the pairs out to the sides myself(even if its only 12-18 inches apart). Its a great look either way, and you cant go wrong with that idea. Definitely reminds me of a vette.
The whole "web mock up" was a cut and paste right off of I believe an 04 vette. I thought about shifting them apart but due to now having 4 tail lights(two red bow-ties for brakes and two smaller white bow-ties for reverse), it limits the amount of space towards the outside of the roll-pan. The other question I have thinking about that is placement of the lights. Smaller reverse lights towards the inside and the bigger red ones on the outside or the opposite???
Old 12-19-2010, 09:22 AM   #4
special-K
Special Order

I like the Vette theme with the pipes ok.Just not the tail lights and tag.I would stay with the Vette theme and do the tag and light as much like the Vette as possible...tag centered and (Vette) lights higher in the gate,not the pan.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 12-19-2010 at 09:23 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 09:24 AM   #5
Andy4639
Old member

Talking Re: Opinions needed...

That looks fine. I like the double look on the exhaust. For the backup light's put them in right beside the exhaust and the brakes to the outside. My 2 cents worth!

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 09:26 AM   #6
tex_waco_usmc

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
I like the Vette theme with the pipes ok.Just not the tail lights and tag.I would stay with the Vette theme and do the tag and light as much like the Vette as possible...tag centered and (Vette) lights higher in the gate,not the pan.
Where were these ideas when the bed went to paint and body??? LMAO

As much as that sounds like an idea, the plate is already molded in to the gate. The lights however are not. Do you think the lights would look better molded into the gate or done like they are?
Old 12-19-2010, 09:32 AM   #7
71sierragrande
Petroleum User

Andy had a good idea. Also, perhaps a little bigger on the red bowties with white bowties inside of them for backup lights and moved out a little further to the outside?
71sierragrande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 09:36 AM   #8
tex_waco_usmc

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71sierragrande View Post
Andy had a good idea. Also, perhaps a little bigger on the red bowties with white bowties inside of them for backup lights and moved out a little further to the outside?
I agree, and I thought about the bigger red with white on the inside but the cost to custom fab those lights was a little more than what I wanted to spend on them. I am getting the four lights for a great deal in my opinion. Not to mention I have been searching for 2 years for a set of bow-tie LEDS that I liked, so.....
Old 12-19-2010, 01:54 PM   #9
tex_waco_usmc

No other opinions...Im shocked normally you guys have a wealth of opinions! LMMFAO
Old 12-19-2010, 08:05 PM   #10
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex_waco_usmc View Post
Where were these ideas when the bed went to paint and body??? LMAO
Whoops! Sorry I thought you hadn't done anything yet.I like the pipes.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 01:50 AM   #11
barryvanhook

I assume you will have a rear-mounted fuel tank/cell .... will you be able to route the exhaust to the center and still clear a tank?

Barry
Old 12-20-2010, 06:00 AM   #12
tex_waco_usmc

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryvanhook View Post
I assume you will have a rear-mounted fuel tank/cell .... will you be able to route the exhaust to the center and still clear a tank?

Barry
This is "to be determined" but I have an excellent exhaust guy that says he "should" be able to make it clear the fuel cell. If he cant make it clear once the tank is mounted then it will probably just get turn downs, but we will see...