The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-30-2010, 12:13 AM   #1
cww1967

what is up with these people think they got gold in these trucks

i restore these trucks as a hobby some more then others but some these trucks on ebay or unreal in price????
cww1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 12:16 AM   #2
piecesparts
Parts and more parts

Re: what is up with these people think they got gold in these trucks

This has been brought on by Barrett and Jackson.
Old 12-30-2010, 12:21 AM   #3
cww1967

there out there trying get 16 to 18000.00 for drivers
cww1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 12:23 AM   #4
71sierragrande
Petroleum User

I think they are gold. So easy to work on. Not that they break much anyway. It blows my mind that they're not worth more than they are.
71sierragrande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 12:30 AM   #5
piecesparts
Parts and more parts

Yep, try buying a streetrod.....They sell for around $30,000 to $50,000. Believe it or not, there is no more work in them than there is in a truck---if done right. Many of them are fiberglass and all you have to do is put it together.
Old 12-30-2010, 12:37 AM   #6
big_al_71

it is even worse with muscle cars and pro-touring vehicles they really they have platinum with those buckets

Sylvester's build thread >>>http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ht=big+rebuild
big_al_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 03:46 AM   #7
ebry710

I'm a little bit on the fence on this one. You can turn your C-20 into a race car that could compete with most street rods. Mine has a 74' Camaro 350 in it.
You can also load a ton of bricks in the back or tow a 6000# trailer.

But it is not a Camaro, Vette or a Nova SS. It's a truck. We who like trucks are a special breed. Thank goodness the hot rodders haven't entered into this market. They would make it so people like me could never afford have a classic, yet strong, race truck.

"Torque Is Controlled Power"
ebry710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 04:21 AM   #8
71sierragrande
Petroleum User

I wish the value WOULD go up(not for my own personal gain, my truck will never be sold, I have no kids, so my nephew gets it). But a new unloaded fullsize truck costs around $25G, right? You put in a new drive train, rebuilt rearend, steering box, brakes and rotors, shocks, new paint, and add in the classic lines of this truck. I don't really care, but it should be worth at least $25G. I know I'm wrong, but I should be right.
71sierragrande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 08:24 AM   #9
BBrendal
Recalculating.....

Gotta go back to the old saying "Its worth whatever someone will pay for it". When I look on ebay and CL you see the 18000.00 drivers really never meet reserve or sell.

1969 Chevy Camaro Z28
1972 Chevy Blazer CST
2004 GMC Yukon (The truck that pulls the car trailer)
1972 Chevy Blazer CST #2 (Finished and sold!)

Blazer build link...
http://s1213.photobucket.com/albums/...rendal/Blazer/
BBrendal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 09:25 AM   #10
Clyde65
1965 Chevy C10, 2005 4.8L/4l60

I agree with BBrendal, If you had to pay someone to "restore" your truck it would be $50K, then you need to sell it, it wont bring $15K, sad but true....

Rebuild of Clyde
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...84#post8338184

69 Aristocrat Lo Liner build
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...84#post7561684

support our troops!
Clyde65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 10:20 AM   #11
legendary

Go look at NADA retail for these trucks. It is rather impressive. If you ever did decide to sell to the right buyer, they will show up. It is when you are in desperation that they will not be there
Many other toys as well...
legendary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 10:22 AM   #12
GobbleStalker
GobbleStalker Calls

That is some what my problem I cannot do body or paint so I am having to pay for it. I am estimating I will have $25000 into mine when done but it is going to be a complete frame off. Could be a trailer queen if I wanted but I will drive it like I own it. Pay to play I guess. I am not planning to sell it as it will be handed down to my son. He is 3 now and says it is his truck already.
09 GMC Sierra SLT All Terrain pkg.
2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara unlimited. ( The wifes ride )
GobbleStalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 12:23 PM   #13
special-K
Special Order

The price goes up on anything that becomes "discovered". Then,the people with big bucks become interested. The street rodders "are" onto these trucks. Rods cost even more simply because there is less to pick from and they have been a segment of interest to a good many people for a longer time. Look at how many people are on this site who have in more recent years gained interest in these trucks. The more people that fix them up,the more they are in magazines,and it keeps building with price building as well. It happened with Harleys,too. People who would never be caught dead being associated with them not only ride them,they buy them for their wives or own several or even are now "bike builders". It's classic GM trucks' turn now. It's also a case of when a hobby (or way of life) gets taken over by buy-ins...people with more money than they know what to do with. It's investors vs enthusiasts. The money always takes over. I always liked these trucks as part of my casual,wholesome,down to earth,simple lifestyle and that's all it will ever be for me,if it doesn't become priced out of my range. It already has to a degree. I just want drivers anymore. Been there/done that with goin' all the way. In the end,I just like driving them.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 12-30-2010 at 12:25 PM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 12:36 PM   #14
70chevytruck

I recently bought a $500 longhorn...big block loaded. California truck so the cab is rust free. I am transfering everything over to a shortbed frame.

Problem was the guy had no title....so to get a title I had to get a bonded title which meant the Texas Dept. of Transportation had to put a value on my truck. They take the average NADA and multiply by 1 and 1/2. NADA on my truck (Average selling price) was almost $12,000. I had to get a bond for $18,000....Cost was $300.00.

Thanks Barrett Jackson.

70chevytruck
70chevytruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 12:48 PM   #15
19seventeeCustom

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
The price goes up on anything that becomes "discovered". Then,the people with big bucks become interested. The street rodders "are" onto these trucks. Rods cost even more simply because there is less to pick from and they have been a segment of interest to a good many people for a longer time. Look at how many people are on this site who have in more recent years gained interest in these trucks. The more people that fix them up,the more they are in magazines,and it keeps building with price building as well. It happened with Harleys,too. People who would never be caught dead being associated with them not only ride them,they buy them for their wives or own several or even are now "bike builders". It's classic GM trucks' turn now. It's also a case of when a hobby (or way of life) gets taken over by buy-ins...people with more money than they know what to do with. It's investors vs enthusiasts. The money always takes over. I always liked these trucks as part of my casual,wholesome,down to earth,simple lifestyle and that's all it will ever be for me,if it doesn't become priced out of my range. It already has to a degree. I just want drivers anymore. Been there/done that with goin' all the way. In the end,I just like driving them.

Great info special-K, I couldn't agree more. I think the days of finding a lot of cheap nicer trucks are coming to an end with these 67-72's. It is most likely many different factors contributing to this, but in the end its just the hot rodding market running its course.

Hopefully if prices recover after the economy comes back, I actually own one of these trucks so I dont have to pay a premium for one later on down the road
19seventeeCustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 01:34 PM   #16
Clyde65

70Chevy,

was the bond/evaluation after the restore/build or before?

Rebuild of Clyde

support our troops!
Old 12-30-2010, 01:37 PM   #17
Danny Bost

I have always owned one of these trucks, mainly because I like them. Part of what is fueling the rise in price is the fact that most people can't afford a muscle car anymore. I drove a 69 GTO through high school, never should have sold it. My kids ask me how I could afford that and I get to tell them that I traded a bunch of yard work for it. At that time it wasn't worth anything either. Oh well, it is what it is. These trucks will continue to go up in value until they reach the point that the market won't bear anymore. The everyone will move on to the next "vehicle of choice" and it will just be those of us who really love them that are looking for them then.
Old 12-30-2010, 01:39 PM   #18
Clyde65

I know a guy down the street from me that has a '34 F!@d convertible and he spent over $100K's for that, yea it is real nice, got the corvette drive train and all but.....$100K?

My dad's Crew cab was valued at $25K in 2005, I suggested he up that to $50-60K because of the Crew cab that was on Ebay a few weeks ago, they were asking somewhere around $75K for it, the owner is a member here, I hope he sells it for that also, for him.

Rebuild of Clyde

support our troops!
Old 12-30-2010, 02:06 PM   #19
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Bost View Post
I have always owned one of these trucks, mainly because I like them. Part of what is fueling the rise in price is the fact that most people can't afford a muscle car anymore. I drove a 69 GTO through high school, never should have sold it. My kids ask me how I could afford that and I get to tell them that I traded a bunch of yard work for it. At that time it wasn't worth anything either. Oh well, it is what it is. These trucks will continue to go up in value until they reach the point that the market won't bear anymore. The everyone will move on to the next "vehicle of choice" and it will just be those of us who really love them that are looking for them then.
Ha ha,yeah! Let's see...I've had a '65 GTO,'63 Riviera,'63 Nova SS,3 '55 Chevys,'65 Biscayne,'62 Impala SS (409),didn't pay as much as $3,000 for any of them. I passed on a loaded black on black leather 427/4spd/posi '67 Vette Coupe for $5,000 because I didn't have a place to park it inside. Heck,I could have bought a house with a garage and left it in there for 30 years and retired off it.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 02:12 PM   #20
Danny Bost

Ya, I have had 8 mustangs, 3 Firebirds, 2 Camaros, 1 GTO, and 1 corvette. However, I can't afford one anymore. I do have my eyes on a 64 Mailbu 2 door and a 66 Tempest 2 door, so maybe I will get back into a muscle car again. We will see. If not, I am happy with my truck.
Old 12-30-2010, 02:18 PM   #21
sameyrasmea72

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
. I passed on a loaded black on black leather 427/4spd/posi '67 Vette Coupe for $5,000 because I didn't have a place to park it inside..
That is the saddest thing I have ever heard of.
Old 12-30-2010, 02:22 PM   #22
Vintage Windmills
Vintage 4x4s

Is it just me or does it seem like now is the perfect time to buy a few of these trucks as investments? Prices seem pretty low now and when the economy recovers they are going to go up with everything else. Every time one of these is parted out, rusted out, or crushed is only raising the price on the existing trucks. There is a limited, ever dwindling supply of good trucks, and demand is only going to go up. I think the best investments will be higher optioned survivors and restored to original spec examples. Original CST's and Super cheyennes, 50th's, 4x4's, BB's will probably see the biggest % increase.

Maybe you don't agree but at least it helps me feel better about buying another truck!

67 GMC K1500 Custom- 305V6 SM420, PTO, Ram Assist, yellow (the outcast) (project period correct upgrades)
67 GMC C2500 351V6 TH400, AC, PS, PB (can't decide what to do with. Update, decided to keep and will restore )
86 CHV K30 502 th400, apple red NEW
71 CHV K20 350 SM465, ochre (saved work truck)
71 CHV K20 292 SM465, white, tach, PTO, (future project)
72 CHV K20 350 350th, medium blue (project stocker)
01 CHV K2500hd crew, indigo blue

^3 dont run and the others don't see winter either
'86 K30 Cummins "Fireside" thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=649649
'71 K20 "get driveable" thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=590642
'72 K20 Build Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=493477&page=6
Vintage Windmills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 02:47 PM   #23
factorystock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Bost View Post
I have always owned one of these trucks, mainly because I like them. Part of what is fueling the rise in price is the fact that most people can't afford a muscle car anymore.
This is exactly what I have been saying forever! "Most people" are not into trucks, there into cars, and the 2 door pickup is there next logical affordable vehicle to pursue.It is true there are many who owned shortbed 1/2 tons or 4X4's long before the mucscle car craze and prefer the pickup, but many of the new buyers probably would never have bought a pickup if other 2 door cars were plentiful. The lowered 1/2 ton shortbed is their new muscle car. They are no longer trucks when the complete transformation is made, they are esentially mucscle cars with pickup boxes. It is a free country, and fine we all have our perogatives and preferences. Prices will generally go up for all series of 67 thru 72 pickups, longbeds, longhorns, 3/4 tons and 1 tons because chances are they might be transformed into a shortbed 1/2 ton or they might be stripped for clean sheetmetal and or nice options. But remember, the more the popularity of these trucks, the more experts there will be out there, and will be harder to pass off a clone or non-numbers matching vehicle.
factorystock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 03:38 PM   #24
50bomb

I traded my 1950 buick roadmaster 4 door project with title for a 1967 c10 lwb with no title..haha But I love these trucks alot. I have a soft spot for 60-66 chevy trucks though. Basically what I am saying is I am gonna love this truck till i die. Not selling it and I lost alot of money in trades to get this truck but I see so much potential in it and its MINE! The guy said he would restore the buick but did nothing to it but primer probably over old paint and mexican blanket on seat. He put it up for sell a week after the trade. He is asking way to much cause I had it for sell for $2,000 and no bites. haa
50bomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 03:51 PM   #25
yote1234

my view is alot of these trucks that have been "completly" restored, with nos "gm" parts do have lots of dollars in them.. i know i did most of my work with the exception of paint/body/engine, and i have over $42,000 in recipts. not to include my labor! so a truly restored truck should be up in price! gotta pay for quality... and another point of intrest is the supply and demand of these popular vehicles... just my .002 cents...
1968 Honda mini-trail z50a #377
1966 uh 1-D Huey
yote1234 is offline   Reply With Quote