The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-25-2011, 03:03 AM   #1
cjohnson6772

White and Blue Plaid Bench Seat Cover

Does anyone know if these can be bought anywhere? I'm not talking about the houndstooth seat covers with blue vinyl surrounding the blue houndstooth. I've seen original seat covers with white vinyl surround and then like a blue plaid print insert that is a larger plaid pattern than the normal houndstooth. Anybody still make these? Anyone got some pictures of them?
cjohnson6772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 03:05 AM   #2
CircusWagonJim

Re: White and Blue Plaid Bench Seat Cover

That's from the "Highlander" package. Do a search using that name. Might stir up what you are looking for. Good luck!
CircusWagonJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 11:34 AM   #3
special-K
Special Order

SMS Auto Fabric was the source for the cloth as well as having a custom seat cover made. If they have any left it would be a small miracle because about two years ago a buddy of mine (who bought my K/20 Highlander) bought some and at that time they said after his they have enough to do one more seat.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 11:44 AM   #4
19seventeeCustom

yep, special K got it right, SMS is who you will need to contact.

Not sure about the outage though, I contacted them about 2 months ago requesting some fabric for a seat I'm doing. I requested the hugger orange plaid and white vinyl and they sent me a sample, although the didn't say anything about not carrying the fabric anymore, so who really knows.
19seventeeCustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 04:00 PM   #5
cjohnson6772

I just talked the folks at SMS. They are super nice and helpful. I was shocked when the first person I spoke with knew immediately about the plaid and the Highlander package. What a refreshing experience in this day in age of poor customer service. I should be receiving samples of the white vinyl and blue plaid as well as the blue vinyl and blue/black houndstooth.

My truck is originally a Cheyenne Super with no seat specific option on the SPID so I am debating on what to put back in the truck. I currently have a nice bench with excellent foam and pretty fair custom upholstery. I also have a set of low back buckets with poor upholstery, great foam, and rusted frames. I dig the look of the white vinyl and blue plaid, but it is a little retro and doesn't fit the theme of my truck that great. Wouldn't my truck have came with blue/black houndstooth originally? I am lost. Any opinions?
cjohnson6772 is offline   Reply With Quote