The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-13-2003, 08:23 PM   #1
70cst

Tilt at $400...WOW!!!

Item # 2406473086

Is it me or does this seem a little high for a refurbished Tilt? I know there has been discusion on this tilt...is this NOS or reconditioned but still...$400 seems to be a tab high. Then what do I know?
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 08:26 PM   #2
sam's 72

70 cst,
That tilt is new never used! So to me I think it would be better then a reconditioned one! But damn $ 400.00, someone wants this prety bad, and just think, it's not over with yet, wait till tonight, when it closes
Sam
Old 03-13-2003, 08:30 PM   #3
70cst

I hope this isn't a trend on our truck parts. I may have to put my wife to work! HEHEHE Just kidding
Old 03-13-2003, 09:29 PM   #4
Classic Heartbeat
Project Junkie! Fishing Poor!!

I emailed the seller about that tilt. It was purchased 5 years ago and they weren't shure if it was NOS or new rebuilt.. They said that it was probably a rebuilt column though. I hinted that they probly should mention that in the auction, but evidently they did not. WES www.ClassicHeartbeat.com
Call us Toll Free (888) 338-2502
Like Us on Facebook
No appointment necessary.
72 BB Chevy Custom Deluxe / Custom Camper
67 I-6 (Soon to be 5.7 LS1) Panel
68 BB Chevy Short Bed
72 6.0 LQ9 Short Bed Chevy 4X4
Olympia's fastest growing truck parts supplier.
Olympia's home for Wayward Chevys
Classic Heartbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 09:47 PM   #5
70cst

WES...That's interesting. The tilt is advertised as a NOS yet in your email conversation they say they believe it's a rebuilt tilt. No wonder people get bent out of shape at times. I've always felt when it doubt...be honest and just say you do not know. Oh well. Just my .00002 cents worth.
Old 03-13-2003, 11:26 PM   #6
70cst

Tilts now at $405
Old 03-14-2003, 12:25 AM   #7
mikep
Used to have a truck

I dont get it. Wheres the controversy here? It sold for $405 and thats a bit less than rebuilt tilts go for anyway. Maybe its not NOS . Maybe it is . Who knows but to be honest what difference does it make? A couple of bearings, a horn ring, turn signal switch and trim pieces is all a rebuilt is anyway. It might as well be new if it isnt.
Old 03-14-2003, 01:11 AM   #8
70cst

The answer is simple...HONESTY. I would assume if you went into a store and bought something new and then found out it was rebuilt/used you would likely go back and ask some questions. Maybe you would be the exception...but most of us want to be delt with honestly. The good suppliers on this board are honest with what they sell and if they dont know something...they say so. I have dealt with WES, Tim, GMC Paul and others because of their honesty with me. The whole thing on this tilt is after some emailings the seller said he believed it was a rebuilt tilt. That tells me he likely had a hunch it was not an NOS (which means New Old Stock)...not used).

I value honesty and have tried to raise my children to be honest in all they do. But for some honesty is a lost trait. When Josh said he needed money I believed him to be honest in that need.
I'll leave this question: Once a person compromises their honesty...what do they have left?
Just my .002 cents worth.
70cst
Old 03-14-2003, 01:25 AM   #9
Xzavior240

well put 70CST. it wouldnt matter if they wanted 40 bucks or 4000 for it. If theyre honest it wouldnt be a problem. I know Im not the only person here who has bought something and then found out later on that it wasnt what I thought it to be when I ordered it. its not the money I paid for it or even the wait to get it. it was the fact that they had to go and lie to try to get me to buy it. thats usually when they get the parts or what ever back with a nice little note telling them which way to shove it in not so nice places.
89 plymouth reliant (daily driver)
86 thunderbird sitting in the weeds almost covered (anyone need parts?)

WWW.xschunkofthenet.freeservers.com
nothing there I promise
" tell me I'm a sinner I got news for you. I spoke to god this morning and he dont like you" OZZY
Xzavior240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2003, 04:18 AM   #10
dmec

i was talking to a friend about ebay and some of the high prices being paid. he made a point that hadnt crossed my mind. maybe the seller has his buddies bidding to help raise the price. if his buddy wins, he can still try again. ya think?
dmec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2003, 04:39 AM   #11
gmc383

one can get burned

anywhere. Not just ebay. I have been burned there. I was also just burned by a board member. Bought a seat cover that supposedly had no tears. Well, it had several. I have a lady who does upholstery for me and she salvaged it. I would have asked for a refund but I was lucky to get it in the first place. Took over a month and the guy wouldn't answer me emails. He was quick to claim the cash from paypal though. Here I am way off topic. As far as the steering wheel goes, the seller in my opinion is not being honest. And yes, it is possible to have a "friend" bid your item up. I have not done it, but have seen it done. I have been bit by ebay 4 times, and three times on this board.
gmc383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2003, 08:30 AM   #12
70cst

Good point dmec...One could run up a price on ebay to get a higher price. I guess the buyer needs to have what he feels is a good price and bid to that level and call it quits. As they say...Buyer beware. As far as getting burned...I've never got burned bad on ebay yet...Maybe singed a little. But the day is coming when I will but when we deal with people it will happen. As I said...HONESY...it is a big deal.
Old 03-14-2003, 08:46 AM   #13
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

I agree with the posts about honesty.I do wonder if N.O.S. is better than rebuilt.After all rebuilt has new bearings ect. N.O.S. would have 30 year old bearings and they may have set on a shelf losing their lube and rusting.That said it still bothers most people to be lied to.Unfortunately it doesn't bother as many to tell a non truth.
I learned a long time ago for me Honesty is imperative;I don't have the memory to tell a lie and keep up with the story to support it.
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote