The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-05-2011, 01:11 PM   #1
tenni126

Need help sorting out my heater

Hey all,
Just got finished re-doing the cables and rebuilding the levers and all on my truck. Here's the thing: It looks like, originally, the deluxe heater fan was controlled by the middle lever, which has a slot for the arm on the switches I see for sale on LMC, ECE, etc. Mine, though, seems to have a different setup. Anyone seen this? The switch seems to be period, but that doesn't mean much. If not, could someone give me the rundown on the stock fan setup? Seems like, from what I've read, the switch should go thru the resistor pack, and give me three speed settings. Correct or no? Thanks for the help, as always!
Attached Images

tenni126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 09:44 PM   #2
tenni126

Re: Need help sorting out my heater

Okay, got the heater working now, but the part number on the switch crosses to an industrial company, so must have been modded before I got it. So the next, more specific question would be this: With the deluxe heater, does the center lever control all three fan speeds?
Old 02-07-2011, 11:41 PM   #3
pheengurs

mine is the same setup. I had to get into it, when the heater core went last winter...leaked coolant all over the blower motor, which is of course mounted directly underneath it! however it did not kill that old blower motor!

there are three speeds, though my switch isn't all that great, as I have to wiggle it to go full blast...

but yes, I double-checked mine, and the fan control lever is indeed in the middle
rolling on 33x12x15 tires on 6 lug rims.
pheengurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 12:44 AM   #4
tenni126

So then, you get all three speeds off of that middle lever?
Old 02-08-2011, 12:48 AM   #5
tenni126

So then, you get all three speeds off of that middle lever? Thanks for the help; I'm trying to figure out how it's "supposed" to work before I decide if it's worth "fixing". As I said, that round switch to the left of the glove box now gives me 2 speeds (I have it set up to provide medium and high, since low seemed nearly useless) and looks kinda legit. But it'd be nice to know the stock setup.