The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-14-2003, 09:44 PM   #1
Stingray42
Woot.

Best Buy and Sony CDX-CA400

I've gotta compliment the Best Buy stores, especially mine in Markham. I just bought my new Sony CD player for my truck, and the guy helped me through everything, explained things, and got all the parts (wiring, adaptors, etc) and was very helpful.

And my new CD player, the Sony CDX-CA400 is a great stereo, even with my stock speakers it sounds great, and is easy to use. I recomend this head unit to anyone. I installed it myself, and it was not real hard to do. The instructions explained everything, and I only had to call Best Buy once to clarify something, and they cleared it right up.

Kudos to Sony and Best Buy!

Old 03-18-2003, 02:15 AM   #2
1969 GMC

I usually have good luck with my local Best Buy store, they have a good return policy and don't give you crap about it. However, that was until it was time to buy the head unit for my Olds (that will be going into the GMC soon...). I had a $50 Best Buy gift cert layin around from Christmas, figure I'd use it to defray the cost.

First of all, they had every other Pioneer head unit except for the exact model I wanted in stock. Since I had a portable cd/tape deck adapter, I figured I could wait. Stuff sells out, oh well. They ordered one for me, would take a couple days to ship from warehouse. I went back when they called me and said they had gotten it in. However, there must have been some kind of mistake, as soon as I got there (a 20 min drive), they couldn't find any. Sales reps were VERY rude; seemed to be more interested in blasting rap in the car audio section than helping me. They were supposed to get 3 of the particular model I wanted; they sold out all 3 before they even called me. grrr. So they tell me to wait again. This time when I go back, the model I want is on sale ($20 off- hooray!)...but of course, they are sold out (not hooray). At this point, I am getting pissed off, I am tired of making trips. So I go down the road to Circuit City and purchase the model I wanted, in stock, for only $5 more than the Best Buy sale price. Then, I went back to Best Buy and used the gift cert to buy wiring harness, GM antenna adapter, mounting kit etc and put it in myself. Took 2 days, if anyone has an 86-90 Olds 88 they'll know what I'm talkin about.
Phew, sorry about the long post.
1969 GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 09:43 PM   #3
apstguy
LED King

I have had sood and bad experiences at Best Buy. The Circuit City down the street have sale reps that actually DO SOMETHING and try to help you. It seems Best Buy has some reps that don't care, and the ones that do care have to take on theirs and someone else's job. I get tired of waiting on them. My advice: Go to Circuit City to see if they have it first. They are nicer!

1985 C10 305 w/ Bowtie OD TH700R4 3.42 LSD 202,000 miles
2006 Ford Focus ZX3 5-speed Stick
2016 Chevy Spark EV
Gone: 2002.5 VW GTI 24v VR6
Gone: 2008 VW R32
apstguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2003, 04:12 PM   #4
cali_surfer

A store's reputation is only as good as it's employee's..... if they suck so does the store's rep.