The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-16-2011, 05:48 PM   #1
Security guy

Need some inspiration....

Hey guys, I havent been on here in a while due to family, work, money, and last but not least, women. Mt truck has been sitting most of last year and all winter. I had it for sale but of course no one has money or wants to give close to what I got in it, so I decided to keep it and try a new look. I've got alot of money in this thing already and dont really want to spend more, but you got any ideas? The fundamentals of the truck are good - engine, trans, suspension is all good. There's not much rust, just a big dent in the back passenger side bed. I'm not much of a body guy so was planning on getting a new bedside, but I dont really want to take the bed apart to put a new side on it. I dont want a 'show' truck because of my kids. My cars dont really stand up well with bicycles, basketballs, etc. Any ideas on a quick, easy paint job? I want it to look different because its been this way for over a year now and its gettin old. I would be happy with black primer but I dont think it would look good with the side trim. What I really want is two-tone red/white but a flat look to it. The shiny stuff gets beat up to fast. Show me some pics guys!

Name:  DSCN0898.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  50.8 KB

Name:  DSCN0902.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  59.1 KB

Name:  DSCN0900.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  53.0 KB
Security guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 08:34 PM   #2
Spoof

Re: Need some inspiration....

I disagree with you on one thing...I think satin black, with gloss white two-tone and full trim has the potential to look out of this world.
Just spit balling here...satin black with pearl white roof and sides, full trim. I didn't have the guts to do it myself...I went gloss black and pearl white, full trim. But I had nothing to hide, the body was straight as hell and the paint job was expensive.
Save money and hit it with satin black and keep the cab roof as is (if you can) no hassle of window rubber masking etc.
Do it, I guarantee awesomeness.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:40 PM   #3
flashed

It looks better than mine as is and I drive mine everyday .Im saving whatever I can to buy spare parts when I can .One day I will make it my way. Good luck with it .
flashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 10:26 PM   #4
bigguy69
dazed and confused

good to see you again! in my opinion that truck would great whichever you decide to go!!
Old 02-16-2011, 10:30 PM   #5
Mike J
vw guy & now c-10 guy

-hang in there dude, it looks like a cool truck. I hadn't touched mine since May and just got working on it again the past two days. Just hang out on here for a while again and it'll get you inspired! Good luck!
Mike J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 10:41 PM   #6
Ed 72 Sierra Grande

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoof View Post
I disagree with you on one thing...I think satin black, with gloss white two-tone and full trim has the potential to look out of this world.
Just spit balling here...satin black with pearl white roof and sides, full trim. I didn't have the guts to do it myself...I went gloss black and pearl white, full trim. But I had nothing to hide, the body was straight as hell and the paint job was expensive.
Save money and hit it with satin black and keep the cab roof as is (if you can) no hassle of window rubber masking etc.
Do it, I guarantee awesomeness.
Excellent Idea Cost wise and Look Wise!!
402 bb / Camper
Stock, Loaded, Straight & Aged Nicely, No Tilt
Original Resto would be nice $
Ed 72 Sierra Grande is offline   Reply With Quote