The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-20-2011, 12:22 PM   #1
tacohead

Greetings from TX

Hey gang,

I wanted to drop a note and say hello to everyone. My name is Dave, and I'm a autoholic! I'm looking at buying my first truck, a '51 3100, and figured I'd register here and get some much needed info. I'm more of a muscle car guy (I have a few mopars, but also own a 56 Nomad ), but have always wanted a 49-53 3100, with particular emphasis on the 51s. I'll keep you all posted when it gets here.

The color of the truck now is a medium blue, but I am in love with the Dark Green and black two tone. Somewhere, I saw it listed as Apple Green. My question first off, is where are the color charts for the 50's trucks? Someone told me that they are not the same as the cars, and Chevy used the Commerical colors on them. I'd like to try and find the charts and see about getting that paint code. Any advice or know where they are listed?

Thanks folks.

Cheers

Taco

Last edited by tacohead; 02-20-2011 at 12:22 PM.
tacohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 12:54 PM   #2
kgmunro

Re: Greetings from TX

Welcome to the site! You will find a lot of knowledgeable folks on here that are willing to help with answers to your questions. Hope to see your project pics soon.
kgmunro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 06:37 PM   #3
BIG CHEVY 3600
BIG CHEVY 3600 LONGBOX

Re: Greetings from TX

Welcome Taco,

My 51 is a metalic light green so my knowledge of the color codes is scant as best. I do know the color choices are pretty small. Hang around the bus stop here for a while and someone will stop and give you a word of knowledge, wisdom, or just advice. Take it for what it's worth.

http://s729.photobucket.com/albums/w...cpZZ3QQtppZZ20
BIG CHEVY 3600 is offline   Reply With Quote