The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-23-2011, 02:49 PM   #1
muthstryker

73-87 Single Cab Duallys Price?

Hey guys,

I was looking at some Single Cab Duallys, and was wondering if 1500-3500$ was a good price if they are in decent shape.

I pulled up Portland, Ore. Craigslist and they had 3-4 of them down there. Just wanted to see what your guys opinions are. I would like to get one soon possibly.
muthstryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 02:57 PM   #2
Shawn5488

Re: 73-87 Single Cab Duallys Price?

Mostly depends if they are big block followed by 4x4, bad part is most are Dana 70 and switching the front axle over to SRW cost money. Cool trucks!
Shawn5488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 09:00 PM   #3
pig rig

hey muth if you cruz the back roads out around sultan gold bar you might find one setting that the owner dosnt know he wants to sell yet or come up to the marysville arlington area their out there in back yards

I found one up here by me but the ol'boy thinks its gold and every time I talk with him about it the price goes up

http://hubgarage.s3.amazonaws.com/ph...ped_detail.JPG
pig rig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 09:03 PM   #4
Eyegore
What Hump?

Check this one out near phoenix, if I had the cash I would buy it.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/2163388770.html
Eyegore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 12:00 AM   #5
muthstryker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig rig View Post
hey muth if you cruz the back roads out around sultan gold bar you might find one setting that the owner dosnt know he wants to sell yet or come up to the marysville arlington area their out there in back yards

I found one up here by me but the ol'boy thinks its gold and every time I talk with him about it the price goes up
Ive thought about it, dont know how comfortable I am walking up to someones door asking about a truck, lol.. plus like you said some of these people think these trucks are made outta gold and want a ton of money for them.
Old 02-24-2011, 12:01 AM   #6
muthstryker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyegore View Post
Check this one out near phoenix, if I had the cash I would buy it.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/2163388770.html
Ya thats really clean..
Old 02-24-2011, 02:55 AM   #7
pig rig

Quote:
Originally Posted by muthstryker View Post
Ive thought about it, dont know how comfortable I am walking up to someones door asking about a truck, lol.. plus like you said some of these people think these trucks are made outta gold and want a ton of money for them.

most they can say is NO! how ever its their actions you have to be careful with. Ive been chased, bitten by dogs, had stuff thrown at me and the cops called. but the up side I've had guys smoke me out, Ive traded for halfrack of beer and people just give the car or truck to me. I just see it as part of the hunt

Old 02-24-2011, 10:21 AM   #8
muthstryker

Once the weather warms up I may try it out, If not a Single cab dually I want to try and find a black suburban.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:23 AM   #9
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

I found one up here without the bed on it for $1000

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 11:22 AM   #10
pig rig

dont wait to long, right now is the best time of year to birddog stuff cause you can see through the underbrush. once it starts to warm up everything will start to get leaves then you cant see nothing.

I realy start looking for stuff around late nov. to about the end of feb. and I keep a list of what Ive spotted. so if I find someone that wants it AND has the money to get it

side not theres an 85/86 std cab dually thats been setting for a few years it looks like its got a 8 or 10 ft bed with a hoist on it. its hard to see it because of the cedar trees

Old 02-24-2011, 11:28 AM   #11
GCncsuHD
Charlie Daniels w/ a Tq Wrench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn5488 View Post
Mostly depends if they are big block followed by 4x4, bad part is most are Dana 70 and switching the front axle over to SRW cost money. Cool trucks!
I don't see your issue with the Dana 70? It is comparatively similar in strength to the 14FF and has a very large aftermarket following. And the OP did not mention swapping the front to SRW, otherwise, wouldn't he be looking for a single cab SRW rather than a Dually?

Oh and my 78 K30 was bought with a winning bid of $1500 from our fire department with 75k miles, and in great shape.
78 K30 Dually Semi-Retired Fire Truck 350/SM465 35"s
SOLD01 2500HD ECSB 6.0 4x4 5.13's 8" lift 38"s
GCncsuHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 12:24 PM   #12
muthstryker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig rig View Post
dont wait to long, right now is the best time of year to birddog stuff cause you can see through the underbrush. once it starts to warm up everything will start to get leaves then you cant see nothing.

I realy start looking for stuff around late nov. to about the end of feb. and I keep a list of what Ive spotted. so if I find someone that wants it AND has the money to get it

side not theres an 85/86 std cab dually thats been setting for a few years it looks like its got a 8 or 10 ft bed with a hoist on it. its hard to see it because of the cedar trees

I would like to get one soon, but thats the thing, the "Want" is greater then the "Need" lol.. Another thing is, the bad thing about buying a truck thats sat under trees for a long time is going to be rust. I really dont want a swiss cheese truck that basically has to be restored, I have my GTO for that. A little rust is fine thats expected, especially here in the great northwest! I will just keep my eye out and see what comes up...
Old 02-24-2011, 01:44 PM   #13
SeanPaintsFlames

I just got one that I'm using as a parts truck. It's a single cab, no bed, rwd. I'm taking the motor, glass, and some interior pieces, but I'm going to have to get rid of the rest of it eventually. Although, I am essentially on the other side of the world from you. If interested, just let me know!
Old 02-24-2011, 06:51 PM   #14
Gordonr1973
Home Built '87

If you are okay to cross the border...check out;

www.kijiji.ca ---- it's used up here just like CL

then search Alberta for chevs and gm pick-ups under 1990 with the searchword "dually"

There are a couple on there for $1500 to $2500 I believe right now.

(saw your other truck in Truckin' last week, congrats!!! --- but what color are you thinking about painting it??)

1998 White Chev ext cab 2WD (Summer Project) http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=408424
1987 Chev Silverado SWB (Winter Project Rebuild) http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=424833
Truck Club http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=466969
Gordonr1973 is offline   Reply With Quote