The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-24-2011, 10:27 AM   #1
dujobu

REPLACEMENT FLOOR PAN & BED advice needed

Forgive me if there is info on here in other threads, but I've been unable to find it if there is.

I have a '71 Blazer that needs a replacement floor pan and bed. LMC sells both for the pick-up, but none for the Blazer. The links for the products from LMC are below. Do the floor pan and bed floor for the P/U fit the Blazer? Do you have to modify them? Any advice would be helpful. Thanks for your time.

Floor Pan - http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/cb/full.aspx?Page=25
Bed Floor - http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/cb/full.aspx?Page=26

One thing I forgot to mention…mine is a 4x4 with column shift. The floor pan from LMC says it's for 2WD models with column shift. Are modifications necessary to make it fit?

Last edited by dujobu; 02-24-2011 at 11:05 AM.
dujobu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 10:57 AM   #2
travis.vaughan

Re: REPLACEMENT FLOOR PAN & BED advice needed

the floor pan will work. You just have to cut off the back section where the gas tank usually sits. i think the short bedfloor will also fit exactly but you have to take off the first cross sill. i will measure my shortbed and blazer floor today.
Old 02-24-2011, 03:36 PM   #3
1949gmc

Last year, I bought a rust free pick up cab bottom (vin plate down) for $200 from tkorinek. It had decent rockers, good A pillars and a perfect floor and lower firewall. If you have to replace the entire floor, I would suggest going this route.

As for the bed floor, contact sharpie1972. He has, or had, a rustfree Blazer bed floor for sale. I think you'd be money ahead by buying his.
1949gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 03:52 PM   #4
my90k5
72 K/5 Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1949gmc View Post
As for the bed floor, contact sharpie1972. He has, or had, a rustfree Blazer bed floor for sale. I think you'd be money ahead by buying his.
Sorry dujobu, I just bought that bed floor from Sharpie. What part of the bed is it that you need? or is the whole floor wasted?
Old 02-24-2011, 03:54 PM   #5
dujobu

The center is fine. Just around the edges and the back corners near the tailgate are rotted out. I think it's solid other than that. And the bed side panels are shot. They definitely need to be replaced. I hear short bed sides will work if you cut 6" off the front though.
Old 02-24-2011, 03:59 PM   #6
my90k5
72 K/5 Junkie

It'll be some time before I have mine pulled, maybe a month or two, I'm sure you need one pretty quick.

I think your correct on the bed sides about cutting off 6"

Last edited by my90k5; 02-24-2011 at 04:00 PM.
my90k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 05:47 PM   #7
JimmyFloyd

How much of the bed floor do you need, and are you willing to travel? I have a fairly rust free 72 blazer bed floor in pieces. It was cut in about 4 pieces and shipped to me from California. It has provisions for the rear seat too, and the correct rear member for the 72 (maybe 71) floor. i also have the front Cross member with the correct dimples in it. I know there is a little bit of the floor missing from the front, but that is the part that is usually OK.

I don't really want to ship the stuff, as it was a paint to get it to me in the first place. I am in Binghamton, NY 13790 if you want to see how far it is. I believe it's about 3.5 hours according to google straight up 476 to 81.

I also have some great Rocker (torsion) boxes and parts if interested as well. These are posted in my For Sale ad in the blazer section.

Last edited by JimmyFloyd; 02-24-2011 at 05:48 PM.
JimmyFloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 11:01 AM   #8
dujobu

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyFloyd View Post
How much of the bed floor do you need, and are you willing to travel? I have a fairly rust free 72 blazer bed floor in pieces. It was cut in about 4 pieces and shipped to me from California. It has provisions for the rear seat too, and the correct rear member for the 72 (maybe 71) floor. i also have the front Cross member with the correct dimples in it. I know there is a little bit of the floor missing from the front, but that is the part that is usually OK.

I don't really want to ship the stuff, as it was a paint to get it to me in the first place. I am in Binghamton, NY 13790 if you want to see how far it is. I believe it's about 3.5 hours according to google straight up 476 to 81.

I also have some great Rocker (torsion) boxes and parts if interested as well. These are posted in my For Sale ad in the blazer section.
I may very well be interested. And you're not that far from here. I'm going to get under the truck and thoroughly inspect the floor to see how much/which sections need to be replaced. Then I'll get back to you and let you know if I'm interested. What are you asking for the floor? And how come you didn't use it after having it shipped from CA?

I'm new to this site and am having a hard time finding some specific information that I'm looking for…how do I find the Blazer parts for sale section?
Old 02-25-2011, 11:10 AM   #9
JimmyFloyd

I didn't end up restoring the truck, and am actually selling it soon to help pay for my wedding. I bought the floor pieces with the rockers and some other parts thinking I was going to do a full resto on it, but I don't have the proper space or the time to do it in the foreseeable future, so I decided to let it go, and will find another one when the time comes.

The blazer section is a sub-section of the for sale section.

Here is my ad. the floor stuff is not in it yet.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...90#post4511390