The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Paint & Bodywork

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-24-2011, 08:18 PM   #1
65GMCFirstride

65 prep and paint time questions

I am about to paint the front end of my truck, the firewall, door, jams, inside of cab, hood, the front radiator support, and the inner fenders. i primed all of the patrs with high build primer, after i used the D/A with 80 grit. i then used self etching primer on the parts. then i primed. after priming i block sanded each part with 150 first then 220 as the final sand. now that the whole front end is ready for the final layer of paint (mocha steel metallic) (picture next to primed inside cab) i will proboly paint it this weekend. like last time after i finished painting i wet sanded with 2000 and i had black smears in the paint even though i had the clear over it i tried buffing it but that made it worse and there was no dust or other materail on ther buffing pad. so all of my paint was stripped and i re-primed them and have not painted them yet . fear of it all happening agian. i went to the local painter supply store and asked what was wrong they had no idea??? so as of now i need help knowing what i can do?
Attached Images

65GMCFirstride is offline   Reply With Quote