The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-26-2011, 05:41 PM   #1
feller

need some help A/C, Options, toolbox, and any thing else

hey guys this is my first started thread. have been lurking around and seeing what everyone else has and had some questions... first off my truck is a 72 chevrolet i think it is just a k/10 but not sure, thats not important to me because when i am done with her she will be a cheyenne super. my bigest question involves the A/C systems on these trucks i know there was the four seasons system that has the ball vents and looks great but i have also heard of an add on looking one that kinda sits under the dash, i have been looking into the retro air systems and realize they are probably more efficent but how much more efficent and which one would look more time period corect? and does anyone have any install tips on the new or old ones.

also i am interested in the tool box in the bed super sweet option if you ask me but was it offered with the wooden bed floor? and does anyone make a repo of the box its self? or would i be better off finding a bed that is in better shape than mine that has this option?

i am also wandering about a power plant right now it has a 355 that is pretty strong but was looking for opinions wether i should just drop in an ls motor try to convert an old big block to something like the ramjet 502, ( didnt gmpp make a ramjet 454 not too many years ago???) or whatever else... my head is almost spinning thinking about all of this stuff and i can not decide which are the best routes to take and any help or opinions are greatly apreciated.

BTW my truck will be something of a "weekend driver" just to cruse around and make all the guys from the 70's look and say man i had one like that you guys know what i am talking about.

thanks in avance oh and i am gonn include a coupple of pics of the truck(thank you PO for the gmc front end and the cuda green interior)
Attached Images

feller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 09:20 AM   #2
Steve Hafner

Re: need some help A/C, Options, toolbox, and any thing else

My 70 has the toolbox and wood floor options from the factory. The 72's were available with both also. Below, is a picture of a glove box "SPID" that shows a 72 with both. It seems like most of them were installed on Camper Special and Longhorn trucks. The problem is, most toolbox doors and frames look just like mine, which is being restored ( also pictured below ). I haven't heard of anyone reproducing either yet. Some have been sold on this website from time to time, but if it is in "perfect" shape, it will cost $300 just for the door !!! My truck having the toolbox from the factory was one of the main reasons I bought it 15 years ago. They didn't make many back then, so there are very few to choose from now. Good luck with your project !!!
Attached Images

Life is short . . . we only have, right now.

. . . .

My 70 C-10's BUILD THREAD: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=475526

Last edited by Steve Hafner; 02-27-2011 at 09:26 AM.
Steve Hafner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 12:42 PM   #3
Skip Greaney

I paid $365.00 for my box back in 2007. That included shipping. It was in fair shape. In another thread "the revival of a tool box " you can see how the outer door was rebuilt. Next weekend I will do show the box itself being repaired. Some work involved but they are a rare option so well worth it!
Skip Greaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 07:41 PM   #4
feller

thanks guys now just waiting on the A/C, motor, or anything else. lol
Old 02-27-2011, 08:04 PM   #5
Steve Hafner

http://www.webrodder.com/article.php?AID=139&SID=60

Here is a link to a website that talks about adding air to 67-72 trucks - I haven't read it, but it looks like it has a lot of information.

Life is short . . . we only have, right now.

. . . .

My 70 C-10's BUILD THREAD: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=475526
Steve Hafner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 09:39 PM   #6
feller

thanks a million steve that article i think has just made my mind up!!!!!

now does anyone know if gmpp made an efi ramjet 454?? cause if i remember right i thought they had one some years ago but not sure
Old 02-27-2011, 10:16 PM   #7
ubtripn

As for the under dash ac their was a product out then called the Mark IV that is incientally being reporduced with the same tooling and materials today. They seem to be selling for around 3-4 hundred. They are a bit large though and the ones I have seen installed are angled upwards.
ubtripn is offline   Reply With Quote