The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-14-2011, 10:41 PM   #1
CrazyJesster

kinda hot under the collar Glass Price?

so i went out the other day to my dads where my 82 swb is stored. and i noticed something was not right at all. as i inspected closer i noticed that the vent window had been knocked out. so i did further inspection noticed that two of my carbs. were missing my holley 650 which was on the truck when the motor burnt up. and another holley that i had picked up at a sell for a good price. so i reckon im out 50$ for the window and the cost of a carb. its amazing even something out in the country behind a fence. people can still vandilize something. kinda wish i seen it happen cause i got something for people like that.

now i may get into trouble here for saying this but im a firm believer. if you tresspass and steal and you get cought you get shot is the way i see it. too bad i didnt see who done it thogh

so did i hit the nail on the head for the price of the vent window? are they a pain in the butt to replace?
CrazyJesster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 01:37 AM   #2
85/05Silverado

Re: kinda hot under the collar Glass Price?

i actually just replaced my vent window because mine shattered on me, its not too har at all what i did was take the door panel off, remover the 2 screws on the top of the door holding the vent window in there is also a bolt lower down on the door , then i lowered the window down, lossed the other track off and pulled the felts up out of inside the door, i then slide my window over enough to remove the vent window and slide a new one in, it take a lil manovering but with a lil time its no big deal took me about 20 minutes to do it
1985 Chevrolet C10 Silverado SWB-395 Stroker 490hp,700R4 12 bolt 3:73 posi,inferno red crystal pearl coat with black ralleystripes,custom leather seats, carbon fiber gauges
2005 silverado 1500 ecsb, Z71, 33x12.5 dick cepek
http://www.cardomain.com/id/Kearney
Stephen
85/05Silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 05:20 PM   #3
johnnypop

You live in Texas, so by all means... I think it's a lot easier to forcefully enforce trespassing out there. Here in CA would result in a huge legal battle and jail time! Wing windows aren't too bad to replace, 85 explained it pretty straight forward, just need to wiggle stuff around til it falls into place.
johnnypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 05:47 PM   #4
SeanPaintsFlames

That sucks. I hate thieves.
Is just the glass broken? It just sticks into the frame with a cork/rubber tape sort of stuff. Get a new piece of glass, and put some double-sided tape around the front edge of it. Once you clean all the old glass and adhesive out, just use a rubber mallet to tap the new glass into place.
I'd just get a used piece of glass with the latch in it already. You can pry them out with a flat head screw driver at the junkyard.

Last edited by SeanPaintsFlames; 03-15-2011 at 05:47 PM.
SeanPaintsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 06:16 PM   #5
Restrorob
The One And Only !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyJesster View Post
my holley 650 which was on the truck when the motor burnt up.
I know you said your engine was burnt up but I had the Holley stolen off my 42,000 mile running Nova SS years ago, Do you think they were kind enough to take the mounting nuts and lock washers with them ?

Noooooo..... They threw them down the intake where I couldn't see them, You can imagine what happened when I installed a new carb....

If anyone steals a carb off a running engine take the time to remove the intake and run a magnet down the head intake ports, You may get lucky and save the money for new mounting hardware !
88 TA-GTA in the works....
97 GMC Ext. Cab
502 Crate 5 Spd......Sucks Gas But Haulz Azz !

The primary function of an Engineer is to make it difficult for the Fabricator and impossible for the Mechanic.

"Why go out preserved when you can go out beat up, worn out, sliding in sideways screaming, Holy Sh!t What A Ride" !!!
Restrorob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 06:45 PM   #6
CrazyJesster

yeah its just the glass broken they some how unlocked the door. and its electric locks and no battery. then when they were done they kindly locked it back. thats been the seccond thing been stolen off the truck. first thing was both tail lights
CrazyJesster is offline   Reply With Quote