The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-26-2011, 04:44 PM   #1
JPeacock4

Hi from Kansas

We recently got a '72 Hugger Orange long bed C10 v8 4x4. Its sitting on a 3/4 ton frame. Its a daily driver but we are also starting to rebuild it. We got it from someone that was trying to restore it but was not very knowledgeable on trucks so we are having to go back and fix things like wiring etc. Found this out when we opened the hood to find wires all over the place and having no clue what they went to or why in the world they were run the places they were. lol! Needless to say wiring diagrams have been our friend and our worst enemy the last several days. Still trying to figure out the dome light which we found prob. has a bad connection between the fuse box and the plug in. So we need to figure out which wire out of them is bad once it warms up. We will have to replace the bed since it is rusted through as one of our first big projects and looking to find one in decent enough condition instead of trying to fix the one already on it (I think it will be cheaper to just buy one then the material, time and labor put into welding to fix the one already on it). We (husband and wife) are originally from Texas but have moved around with the Army for 12 years now. Both of us love working on it and obviously my husband does most of the hard work lol! Moving back home to Texas within the next 6 months or so since he is being medically retired from the Army. Hope to gain some wisdom from those that have done rebuilds from this forum. I'm sure we will have lots of questions. Picture in our avatar (hopefully) and profile pic till I can get better ones
JPeacock4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 06:19 PM   #2
72BlckButy
Tot Roddin'

Re: Hi from Kansas

to the board from Mid-MO!!!

You will find this place to be a major source of infomration and parts. Can wait to see some pics of you project (other than your avatar).

1969 CST SWB - Project Blank Slate (4.5/6" ECE Static Drop, 6-lug disc brake upgrade (manual), Billet Specialties Vintec 20x8.5 255/40 (F) 20x10 295/40 (R), 250 I-6)
1960 AMF Skylark - Tot Roddin' (Lowered with custom frame; soon to include custom push bar and interior)
2008 Silverado CrewCab 1LT (5.3L, 3:73, 4x4, LT1, Z-71, Towing Package)

Last edited by 72BlckButy; 03-26-2011 at 06:19 PM.
72BlckButy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 01:13 PM   #3
1ATony

Welcome to the site.
1ATony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 03:28 PM   #4
86swb
Born a Chevy Man

Welcome from Western Kentucky. Bet you are stationed at Fort Riley there. I was there till my unit from the Big Red 1 got shipped out to Viet Nam back in 65. Not a fun place to be at the time. Search and destroy missions. Again, welcome

*1986 Chevy SWB Silverado
*1984 Chevy Longbed Silverado

New Kia Sportage (Wife's car and she loves it)

CHEVY, American made w/pride!

If you can read this, YOU NEED TO THANK A TEACHER!
If you can read this in ENGLISH, PLEASE THANK A SOLDIER!
GOD BLESS AMERICA AND BLESS OUR FIGHTING TROOPS
86swb is offline   Reply With Quote