The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-30-2011, 02:47 AM   #1
cr8zchevyguy

4.3 v6....

hey guys just trying to see if anybody has pics of the engine bay of there 4.3 V6 powered truck i need some cross reference, i just installed one in my 82 short bed and now my drive shaft is to short i just want to see where and how far up the v6 sits from factory got a 700R4 short tail shaft. thanks...
cr8zchevyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 08:48 AM   #2
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

Re: 4.3 v6....

i had an 86 that had a 4.3 and it was coupled to a th400 trans... If memory serves correct the motor sits in the same mounts and holes as the v8 and the shroud was wider to accomodate the shorter block and its cooling

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 09:01 PM   #3
bigblockrock

I have a 4.3 in my 83 and thats how mine is. It has a really long fan shroud. It sits in the same position a 350 does but it is shorter. Remember a 4.3 is a 350 with the front 2 cylinders missing. I can get some pics tomorrow morning when i get home from work.
bigblockrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 04:16 PM   #4
bigblockrock

sorry for the delay in getting a pic. So after i went out and looked at it turns out i was wrong. The frame mounts are moved back from the v8 position. I was a kid when i helped my dad build this truck and i really dont remember him moving the mounts. My mistake. Hope this helps.
bigblockrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 02:33 AM   #5
cr8zchevyguy

hey right on thanks for the pic. yea installed the motor all looks good had to get a new driveshaft made oh well... yea there is probably a good 3 to 4 inches from the block to firewell now just need to figure aout how to make it run.... i tried all this afternoon with no luck got it to turn with key but no start!!! thanks again.
cr8zchevyguy is offline   Reply With Quote