The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-10-2011, 08:53 PM   #1
Rifter_Chevy

what would you do, small accident

So i park in a underground parking lot at my apartment, the lady that parks next to me(in a cavalier) cant drive, she is always half in her spot and not straight and never watched where she is going. My girlfriend used to park her Toyota Matrix there and got a few door dings from it.

So then i buy the truck and we swap parking spots as hers was easier to get a full size into. On the second day the lady in the cavalier hit my truck in the passenger rocker panel, i was in the middle of my spot at the time and have pictures of the damage to both veh and where i was parked in the spot. There is very little damage to the truck mostly just scraped paint on the rocker, the dent popped right out in less than 2 min and didnt even crack any paint coming out. The cavalier has at least $1000 in damage, her front fender is totaled and she took out her front headlights/corner lights and scrapped down past the fender into the door. It literally looks like she tried to drive under my truck at a 45 degree angle at over 10mph.

Im intending to strip all the paint on the bottom 2' of my truck and rock guard it as i intened to wheel the truck on the weekends so the damage does not effect me at all. But considering how much of a cow she is i was going to make a claim anyways just to get her insurance rates jacked up. I have already contacted police and insurance just have not moved forward with the claim yet. What would you guys do? oh and BTW she is denying it was her even though the insurance agency got a positive match on the paint(which is uncommon for a chevy truck, was repainted 2 years ago with sky metallic irock paint)
Old 04-10-2011, 08:56 PM   #2
hotrodhomi

Re: what would you do, small accident

I would move to a place with a garage.
hotrodhomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 09:01 PM   #3
Altec
Getcha Pull

I would LOVE to park in that spot. It would be worth the ding on the rocker just to see a bad driver get theirs...

If you do rock sliders, you might consider doing a Blazer tank while you are at it. Otherwise you gotta do some crazy bends to wrap your sliders around the fuel tank('s).
'96 Integra
Altec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 09:58 PM   #4
Blue Chevy 1987

id make her pay! then ya take the insurance check they give you an do what ya want with it
Blue Chevy 1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 10:32 PM   #5
Rifter_Chevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altec View Post
I would LOVE to park in that spot. It would be worth the ding on the rocker just to see a bad driver get theirs...

If you do rock sliders, you might consider doing a Blazer tank while you are at it. Otherwise you gotta do some crazy bends to wrap your sliders around the fuel tank('s).
I actually do intend to do rock sliders and move to a tidy tank in the front of the box, i dont want to have any tanks under the truck and dont intend to ever haul a camper so a tidy tank in the box i think would work well.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:37 PM   #6
wyattglock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Chevy 1987 View Post
id make her pay! then ya take the insurance check they give you an do what ya want with it
I second this motion!!!!!! Dont rake her over the coals, it always comes back on you. But definitely make her pay as if you were fixing the truck. Then buy the parts you want. Finally, make sure she sees the truck the first time it comes back from wheelin! Mud and all!!
wyattglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 08:13 AM   #7
James McClure
One shot, one kill.

I got hit in a parking lot once. Both vehicles were parked. A woman (no lady) driving a new Caddy pulled in next to me and swung her door open with so much force you would think she was trying to rip it off the hinges. I figure because she waas SOOO big ( I'm talking real big here, sumo wrestler big) she pushed the door open with her thigh instead of her arm. The door slammed into the edge of my running board. The boards are home made 1\4" aluminum with 2X2" square steel framework. Her door edge bent right over so far her door could not be closed. She went off like a roman candle. I have never heard such a tyrade, much less out of the mouth of a woman. I called the cops right away. When the cops got there and checked paperwork ect and ran our names I came back clean, BUT, she had a DUI warrent and her insurance was lapsed. She got arrested, handcuffs and all. Took 2 pairs of cuffs because her arms wouldn't go behind her to well. The iceing on the cake was the cop telling her to "shut your fat ass up or I'll charge you with disorderly conduct too" AND, the tow truck driver beating the crap out of her door to get it to latch. Finally he did get it to latch but busted the mirror off, broke the drivers window, the rear side light window and caved the door right in. All in all, a good day. Little paint on my running board was it. I wonder what that day cost her? I just love getting one over on some high minded jerk. jim
James McClure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 08:47 AM   #8
THE "10" SILVERADO

Quote:
James McClure....
That was my laugh of the day...at least it didn't do anything to yours!
Old 04-11-2011, 09:03 AM   #9
craazy22

Lmao @ "shut your fat ass up". Hahahahahahahaha that made my day too... to serve and protect, and in very little fine print you read, " and to insult". Lol
Posted via Mobile Device
02 chevy silverado z71 off road package
craazy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 09:09 AM   #10
78 Chevyrado
Account Suspended

Every time you find a new dent, put a boot print in the middle of each door till she figures it out. She deserves whatever she gets for being a slob lazily wandering through life with no consequences. That is NOT cool and she should learn to be considerate or steadily suffer the consequences. A vehicle is only the second largest investment people usually make, don't let this heifer ruin yours because shes from the shallow end of the gene pool. Rant Complete.

Oh yeah, haha I'd make her insurance fix it, each and every time it happened, but if you goto insurance skip the boot part...lol And be sure to find the most expensive body shop you can to fix the damage.
78 Chevyrado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 09:12 AM   #11
longhorn396
S.D.M.F.

MAKE HER PAY!!!!! if shes hit both of ur vehicles hit her back.... in her wallet lol

James that is hilarious. That would make my day to have something like that happen haha
2006 Kawasaki ZX-14r drag bike-best e.t. 9.4@145 mph without nitrous
1971 BSA Thunderbolt 650cc

Last edited by longhorn396; 04-11-2011 at 09:17 AM.
longhorn396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 09:41 AM   #12
jitteryguy
GoatLube Experss

I woulda said let it go, but if you know she did it and she denies it ! make her pay, I'd file to get the whole truck paint'd so it match's. then I'd probly deposite the check and spend it on my dang young'ns !
'92 S10 350/350
'84 MonteCarlo 383/PG/9"ford
'78 Malibu wagon 350/350
'78 Cutlass (project family car)
'96 S10 Jimmy (Moma's)
jitteryguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 09:39 PM   #13
Hulk Will Smash

You could always "let it go" then about a month later pour a cup of brake fluid on her roof...

It's 11 PM, do you know where your IAC pintle is?
Hulk Will Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 09:46 PM   #14
babyJay
Arrived on a Pale Horse

I would be tempted to say "let it go"....except for the fact that she lied. I can't stand liars...
babyJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 10:05 PM   #15
BigBlocksRule

She'll either learn to drive or continue to pay for her mistakes.
If you let her off the hook, she'll do neither.
BigBlocksRule is offline   Reply With Quote