The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-16-2011, 11:41 PM   #1
Chris81

81 interior parts

I am new to the board and currently working on an 81 long bed with 90 burb front clip and doors (350/vortec heads/th400). The truck was mostly done, but has lots of small things that still need done.

I haven't messed with old cars for a long time, but had a 50 ford PU and a 64 impala among a few other projects that I played around with back in the day, before the wife and kids came along.

That was about 20 years ago, so I am kind of a newb, and I have a couple of questions:
  1. Does anyone have any good sources for interior parts, mainly door panels, dash pad, etc.
  2. Has anyone experimented with removing hail damage using dry ice?

Thanks,
Chris
Old 04-16-2011, 11:45 PM   #2
Sillyoldman

Re: 81 interior parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris81 View Post
I am new to the board and currently working on an 81 long bed with 90 burb front clip and doors (350/vortec heads/th400). The truck was mostly done, but has lots of small things that still need done.

I haven't messed with old cars for a long time, but had a 50 ford PU and a 64 impala among a few other projects that I played around with back in the day, before the wife and kids came along.

That was about 20 years ago, so I am kind of a newb, and I have a couple of questions:
  1. Does anyone have any good sources for interior parts, mainly door panels, dash pad, etc.
  2. Has anyone experimented with removing hail damage using dry ice?

Thanks,
Chris
Hi Chris. Welcome to the website. Check out our vendors for parts. Not sure about the dry ice trick.

'71 Custom Deluxe C-20 402.
'67 Buick Special 455.
'49 Plymouth Special Deluxe.
"I love that old car smell"

Some people are like Slinkies... not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
Sillyoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 12:55 PM   #3
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

your dry ice question is a new one on me... i would ask that over in the body work section... as to the interior parts id try CaptKaos first ( a site vendor) then the LMC catalogue.. Also one of the other site vendors, Stitch does some interesting interior things too

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 12:58 PM   #4
texasfunk

I have heard of the dry ice trick and tried it a couple years back with no luck on my truck..but it's always a possibility I did it wrong
Posted via Mobile Device
texasfunk is offline   Reply With Quote