The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-27-2011, 10:23 PM   #1
78cheyenne292

Whats your opinions

i have a 78 3/4 ton 2wd reg cab long box with a 292 inline.. i wanna do a swap to a 350.. i have a turbo350 tranny with a split driveshaft in it now.. i wanna find just a stock 350 in running condition doesnt have to be great i dont mind rebuilding the top end i just dont wanna do the entire engine.. i wanna run a 4 barrel carb and keep things as simple as i can.. what all will i need to swap out i dont want anything high tech but i do plan to build the engine up further down the road.. so do i need to find a 350 from around that era in-order to throw it in slap on a carb and have it run or can i take one a little more modern (still carb) and what all would i need to change!! i want a quick tranny but on that will cruise down the highway nicely what should i consider finding.. but for now can i bolt the engine up to my current tranny or will i have to repositions the tranny for the swap... so what i really need to no is besidse the engine carb and ignition and motor mounts what all will i need to change on the truck for the new engine.. and does my tranny need to be moved? and will my rad for the six work for the 8.. i am hoping i can find a motor with the belt set up still attached.. thanks for the help guys.. im really looking forward to making the old girl purr!! the six is a wicked reliable engine but doesnt beat that small block rumble!! Oh and i wanna do it as cheap as possible but i wanna do it right!!
78cheyenne292 is offline   Reply With Quote