The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-18-2011, 05:10 PM   #1
GmtGmt
Conversion Truck Addicted

a Nice feeling

we shot the first coat of primer on the cab doors, fenders and hood today

a great feeling finaly seeing the light at the end of the tunnel

Quote:
Tonight mine pulled a few cars out of snowbanks, and is sitting in my driveway, icicles on the grille, wheels just white cakes of snow, buried up to the lug nuts in powder, straps and chains wrapped around the bumpers, the outline of the wipers clear in 4 inches of snow on the windshield... A tired warrior of the 1980s in a world of low profile tires, front wheel drive, and plastic bumpers, where people stay in their houses until snowplows move the offending substance from their paths, too helpless to travel without AAA and chains and salt, clearing their windows with longhandled brushes while gently stepping around in the snow trying to stay nice and dry.
GmtGmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 05:43 PM   #2
spudz

Re: a Nice feeling

awesome.......... pics? lol had to ask
2004 z71, 96 z71 on 38s, 88 Chevy k5 blazer, 4in lift. 84 swb project, 82 SWB project , 84 chevy 4x4 lwb project, 88 Jimmy beater/highschool ride. 79 c30. 99 tahoe 4x4 project. and a bunch of parts trucks..
spudz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 06:11 PM   #3
Hulk Will Smash

Great news! Glad you're hanging in and moving the project forward!
Posted via Mobile Device

It's 11 PM, do you know where your IAC pintle is?
Hulk Will Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 06:25 PM   #4
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

it is a nice feeling inst it?

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 05:59 AM   #5
GmtGmt

Pics as Promised

Quote:
Tonight mine pulled a few cars out of snowbanks, and is sitting in my driveway, icicles on the grille, wheels just white cakes of snow, buried up to the lug nuts in powder, straps and chains wrapped around the bumpers, the outline of the wipers clear in 4 inches of snow on the windshield... A tired warrior of the 1980s in a world of low profile tires, front wheel drive, and plastic bumpers, where people stay in their houses until snowplows move the offending substance from their paths, too helpless to travel without AAA and chains and salt, clearing their windows with longhandled brushes while gently stepping around in the snow trying to stay nice and dry.
Old 05-21-2011, 06:02 AM   #6
GmtGmt

Quote:
Old 05-21-2011, 06:04 AM   #7
GmtGmt

Enough work for one day

Quote:
Old 05-21-2011, 07:11 AM   #8
Meatman

Looks awesome! I dont think the zip ties for hanger on the exhaust are gonna cut it though.....lol.
My 01 TA and 88 Formula hide in the garage. :-)

Last edited by Meatman; 05-21-2011 at 07:11 AM.
Meatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 07:52 PM   #9
GmtGmt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatman View Post
Looks awesome! I dont think the zip ties for hanger on the exhaust are gonna cut it though.....lol.
Thanks!

are you sure it wont last? im missing some rods to make some hangers and some rubber mounts

Quote:
Old 05-21-2011, 09:28 PM   #10
my4by2

Great to see the progress man! Can't wait until mine reaches the paint & body phase finally... Those garage doors are too freakin' cool!
D60 + 14-bolt FF w/ Eaton posi + disc brakes
Skyjacker 2.5" full spring lift w/ Nitro shocks
Custom paint + interior
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=435722
my4by2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 09:48 AM   #11
babyJay
Arrived on a Pale Horse

Was it you that posted a "loosing motivation" thread a while back. glad to see you getting back into it. Mine won't get to this point for a while yet. I'm jealous. it's coming along nicely. Make sure your zip ties are UV rated.
babyJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 04:52 PM   #12
GmtGmt

Quote:
Originally Posted by my4by2 View Post
Great to see the progress man! Can't wait until mine reaches the paint & body phase finally... Those garage doors are too freakin' cool!
Thanks

you cant break those doors lol they are steel frame with wood front and back side and concrete in the middle trust me they are heavy

Quote:
Old 05-22-2011, 04:54 PM   #13
GmtGmt

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyJay View Post
Was it you that posted a "loosing motivation" thread a while back. glad to see you getting back into it. Mine won't get to this point for a while yet. I'm jealous. it's coming along nicely. Make sure your zip ties are UV rated.
Cant run from that lol im also very happy to finaly paint this thing.
all the sanding and welding dosent seem work as it allways looks the same trust me i had the biggest smile on my face as just watching the ugly paint disapear

Quote: