The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 99-06 GMT800 Chevy and GMC Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-18-2011, 09:29 PM   #1
ybnaford

MultiFunction Turn Signal Arm/Switch

Today I replaced my Mulitfunction Switch/Arm on my 04 Silverado. I looked at a few places online comparing prices on the before mentioned part. They were ranging from $135-$160 for the part. I stumbled upon 1AAuto.com and the part was $79.95 mailed to me USPS. Ordered on Sunday, order processed on monday, shipped, then got to me on Wednesday.
The reason for replacing was, all of a sudden my wipers while on intermitten, would just go on continiously and not shut off. After researching this issue I found it to be a problem with this particular part.
I looked for videos on line, with none to be found, so I just jumped right in.
I removed the instrument/dash bezel. Popped very carefully, the steering column covers and found the unit right there on top. I did have to take the lower cover down just a little with out removing the steering column tilt arm, to gain access to the lower torx screw holding the unit from the bottom. There was a single torx screw on top with 4 wiring connections to remove and the unit is in your hand. Reassemble in careful reverse order and you now have a new Mulitfunction Turn Arm/Switch installed. Part works great and the price was right.
Old 05-19-2011, 08:31 PM   #2
NateK4340

Re: MultiFunction Turn Signal Arm/Switch

Thanks for the great info! Sounds like it was an easy fix. I can't believe you found that part for almost half the price of the others. I'm going to bookmark that website just in case mine goes out.

In the Garage:
'02 Silverado Ext. Cab Z71 5.3l
'70 C20 Longstep 402BB
NateK4340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 11:14 AM   #3
usmcchevy
Has more rust than truck...

Re: MultiFunction Turn Signal Arm/Switch

1AA, gmpartsdirect and rock auto are great

LSx Swap FAQ index
usmcchevy is offline   Reply With Quote