The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-20-2011, 11:24 PM   #1
bmnk

CPP Remote Brake Reservior

Ok.... so a couple years ago I bought the CPP Master Cylinder Adapter Bracket, to upgrade to the dual reservoir master cylinder. I bought the master cylinder at one of the local parts stores.

This spring I bought the Remote Reservoir kit also at CPP. So today when I went to install the master cylinder cap, I noticed it it's different then the master cylinder I had originally installed, as my master cylinders has two different sized reservoirs. (smaller one in the front, larger one in the back).

SO my question is.... what is the correctly master cylinder I would want to use for a manual 4-drum brakes setup, that will work with the adapter bracket and remote reservoir kit?
bmnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 12:50 PM   #2
BIG CHEVY 3600
BIG CHEVY 3600 LONGBOX

Re: CPP Remote Brake Reservior

I would go back to CPP and get their MC, it should fit their remote cap.

http://s729.photobucket.com/albums/w...cpZZ3QQtppZZ20
BIG CHEVY 3600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 05:49 AM   #3
55dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmnk View Post
Ok.... so a couple years ago I bought the CPP Master Cylinder Adapter Bracket, to upgrade to the dual reservoir master cylinder. I bought the master cylinder at one of the local parts stores.

This spring I bought the Remote Reservoir kit also at CPP. So today when I went to install the master cylinder cap, I noticed it it's different then the master cylinder I had originally installed, as my master cylinders has two different sized reservoirs. (smaller one in the front, larger one in the back).

SO my question is.... what is the correctly master cylinder I would want to use for a manual 4-drum brakes setup, that will work with the adapter bracket and remote reservoir kit?
i would call them and see if they offer a remote cap for your application. yours sound like one for disc/drum application with is likely what they sell the most of but might offer one that you need.
55dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 07:45 AM   #4
Russell Ashley

"SO my question is.... what is the correctly master cylinder I would want to use for a manual 4-drum brakes setup, that will work with the adapter bracket and remote reservoir kit? "

It sounds like you have a mc that is designed for front disk/rear drums. CPP can supply the correct one but you can also probably get one locally for a lot less money.

Last edited by Russell Ashley; 05-26-2011 at 07:47 AM. Reason: added a comment.
Russell Ashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 11:56 AM   #5
bmnk

After looking further on the CPP website, I found the correct master cylinder to go with the Reservoir Kit- it's described as a "Corvette Style" master cylinder. I agree with Russell Ashley I'm pretty certain early 70's Corvette Master Cylinder from the local parts store would work great, and for less money. I'll just be certain to take the cap with me to make sure.
bmnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 12:55 PM   #6
OrrieG

Would the Corvette type be for 4 wheel discs or 4 wheel drums? I thought the 70's Corvettes were discs? I'm asking because I do not know if a 4 wheel disc MC will work with a drum set up.
OrrieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 10:50 AM   #7
wutnxt

Location: vancouver b.c....is the biggest place most people would know but I am actually out in the valley 45 mins away

I was wondering how to upgrade the master cylinder in my 58......to get The lines split for front and back....Sounds like this is the way to do it
1966 SBFS street HULK http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1#post5886625

Poject Low and go gets a 6.2 ltr LSA supercharged with 6 speed automatic

Aluinum Radiator Dealer pm for details
wutnxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 03:52 PM   #8
55metalmonkey

The CPP MC your looking for probably looks more like this one, this one is from CPP. I'm not 100% on this but for Disc/Disc, Disc/Drum & Drum/Drum they just use a diferent proportioning valve or change the set up of the one that comes with it... in my application for Disc/Disc I just had to remove a rubber stopper in the valve.
Attached Images

55metalmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote