The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-01-2011, 09:11 AM   #1
Davidmichael

If I had the spare money (CL)

http://altoona.craigslist.org/cto/2348378327.html

I only wish.

Someone should buy this
81 8 foot bed made into a trailer
86 Suburban going to be made into a trailer
91 Suburban 4x4 = that's my baby
00 S10 Xtreme STD Cab
01 S10 ZR2
Davidmichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 10:30 AM   #2
iluvmy72

Re: If I had the spare money (CL)

What is it with people and Chalet's?? I know this is my opinion but I find that it not only renders a truck useless, but also does a pretty piss poor job of acting as a camper. Hell...newer tents with air mattress's are more comfortable.
iluvmy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 01:39 PM   #3
1tonchevy
C35 Crew Dually

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvmy72 View Post
What is it with people and Chalet's?? I know this is my opinion but I find that it not only renders a truck useless, but also does a pretty piss poor job of acting as a camper. Hell...newer tents with air mattress's are more comfortable.
it's the rarity thing. mostly i assume people would buy to use it rather than be like looky what i got. maby i'm wrong.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=414892
1tonchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 07:11 PM   #4
Davidmichael

I have been looking for a slide in camper on the cheaper side, and I came across this. These things are not supposed to be a 36ft 5th wheel. They give you what you need in a little space. Going into the woods is all about space a lot of the time. If you want to take tents and etc you can have extra time setting things up. Need to find a camping spot etc. With something like this you park, pop the top, and your done. And you still have the agility of a smaller wheelbase so you can actually get around in the woods.
81 8 foot bed made into a trailer
86 Suburban going to be made into a trailer
91 Suburban 4x4 = that's my baby
00 S10 Xtreme STD Cab
01 S10 ZR2

Last edited by Davidmichael; 06-01-2011 at 07:12 PM.
Davidmichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 02:18 AM   #5
77blazerchalet
former Chalet owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidmichael View Post
...Someone should buy this
Actually, I called the seller May 3rd, she said it was sold to a guy who plans to restore it.

Regarding tents & air mattresses, I'd say that if a camper arrives at the preferred stop-for-the-night in a downpour, a Chalet sure beats setting up all that other stuff. Been there, done that, which is why I bought my Chalet in the first place. Lousy economy forced me to sell it, so I'm back to tenting......
Former owner of Chalet #1747. Current caretaker of the very old BlazerChalet.com website.
77blazerchalet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 10:59 AM   #6
iluvmy72

get a camper....no pop-up needed!!
Old 06-02-2011, 11:39 AM   #7
77blazerchalet
former Chalet owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvmy72 View Post
get a camper....no pop-up needed!!
A perfectly acceptable solution for some folks, my sister had a late '90s 4x4 crewcab Chevy with a huge Lance cabover camper, a very nice rig.

Myself, I'd always planned for a slide-in pop up on a mini 4x4, for weight and 'size' savings, and a much improved top clearance on backroads where low tree branches threaten to scrape off taller campers.

True, a 4Wheel brand pop up on a Blazer (like the one below) would be much more practical since it is truly removable, while the Chalet camper units were always intended to be non-removable..... but if you ask me and lots of other nutcase fans of 'em, Chalets look so incredibly cool compared to boxy aftermarket pop ups, plus they sure aren't very common. So, this turns into a 'love' thing that's not entirely driven by rational thought. Sorta the way some people worship VW Beetles when a regular small hatchback is a much more practical car.

Former owner of Chalet #1747. Current caretaker of the very old BlazerChalet.com website.
77blazerchalet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 12:08 PM   #8
iluvmy72

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77blazerchalet View Post
A perfectly acceptable solution for some folks, my sister had a late '90s 4x4 crewcab Chevy with a huge Lance cabover camper, a very nice rig.

Myself, I'd always planned for a slide-in pop up on a mini 4x4, for weight and 'size' savings, and a much improved top clearance on backroads where low tree branches threaten to scrape off taller campers.

True, a 4Wheel brand pop up on a Blazer (like the one below) would be much more practical since it is truly removable, while the Chalet camper units were always intended to be non-removable..... but if you ask me and lots of other nutcase fans of 'em, Chalets look so incredibly cool compared to boxy aftermarket pop ups, plus they sure aren't very common. So, this turns into a 'love' thing that's not entirely driven by rational thought. Sorta the way some people worship VW Beetles when a regular small hatchback is a much more practical car.

well said sir....on a funny note....best day of my life was when I tossed my wife's 78 super beetle....I guess I never caught on to the concept.

Last edited by iluvmy72; 06-02-2011 at 12:21 PM.