The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-31-2003, 02:19 AM   #1
78SilveradoSWB

Cool Here's Another Interesting Truck To Comment About

Saw this truck while cruizin' Ebay....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=39409

What do you all think?

1978 Chevrolet Silverado C 10
454 BB, TH400
78SilveradoSWB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 02:49 AM   #2
CT-Truckster
?

well, I guess you could say it's different. the graphics look good but looks to 80ish for me.
CT-Truckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 03:23 AM   #3
J-Spec C10
Whats this wire for?....

I like it, but the ghosted skull on the door is kinda tacky

'82 C10 Resto-Custom--> * 2 1/4" manifold back dual exhaust with Hooker Aerochambers & High Flow Cats *Taylor Ignition Wires *Centerline 15" Telstars with 32"x10" mudders
J-Spec C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 04:12 AM   #4
Mike76251

1. Somebody spent $20,000 on this thing and there is no A/C on it ?!?

2. You lower them to make them look like they handle (?) and then you stick fat meats on the rear that send the back end around when the first rain drop hits the road.

3. You get a $8,000 paint job on it and then park it somewhere and someone puts a nice ding in the side with their door, you take it to the body shop to get that ding fixed and they laugh you out of the place because everybody knows you can't match the paint.

4. The nice and "shiny" paint gets the thing stolen within one hour
because both monkeys and thieves like "shiny" things.

5. Speaking of thieves; You try to rob a Seven-Eleven in it and you don't get very far because your truck is so unique that everybody knows you drive it and the cops are waiting in your driveway for you when you get home.

6.Speaking of cops; You get pulled over every third block because the cops think people that drive vehicles like that couldn't be a lawyer and are therefore easy prey. (happens often around here)

7. A real cute girl asks you to help her move because you have a "truck" and you have to turn her down because of the fuel cell in the back and $250 worth of Russel hoses hooked up to it that might get scratched by her bed frame. ( the same bed frame she will ask you to help set up and "adjust"!)

8.You buy it have to park the thing because OPEC sets the price of a barrel of oil at $75 (4 years from now) and you have a 3/4" fuel line feeding a big block with a carb that was designed by OPEC.

9. Every time you crank it up and "blast" everyone around you with the Flowmasters you show that you have a "hidden" problem of some sort most likely from being short or having some other "short" complex that we cannot discuss on this board.
Mike76251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 09:22 AM   #5
Low87
been here longer than Liz

Not a bad truck, definitely don't like the graphics though.

'87 SWB 6/8 drop "Piso"
'08 CCSB Silverado DD
the departed
'89 GMC K5 Jimmy 4x4 "Rusty Nuts"
'77 Chevy K5 Blazer 2wd
'83 Chevy stepside

"You get what you pay for" - Mike 'swervin ervin' Ervin
Low87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 09:44 AM   #6
BigRed

Not a fan of the paint job, and why did he spend all this money and leave the stock grille on?
Old 03-31-2003, 11:58 AM   #7
gldevall

$8K paint with stock grill and 15" wheels, WTF!!
-2004 Z-71 Extended cab with a flowmaster, BDS 6.5", 3" BL, 35x12.5x18 Trail Grapplers on Pro-Comp 18x9 wheels
gldevall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 12:22 PM   #8
LOHRTBT
BeWarE tHe eViL CrAnkTOe!

Not my style but a very clean decent looking truck.

- 1986 Chevy SWB - Stock for now
- 1986 Chevy Custom SWB *Stolen 6/26/05*
- 1985 Chevy SWB SOLD
- 1999 T/A Some mods
www.cardomain.com/id/ramairdave

AIM Screenname - Jester84
LOHRTBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 12:29 PM   #9
gldevall

Is it just me or does that look like the stock bench seat in there?
-2004 Z-71 Extended cab with a flowmaster, BDS 6.5", 3" BL, 35x12.5x18 Trail Grapplers on Pro-Comp 18x9 wheels
gldevall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 01:51 PM   #10
bigblock73
yeller

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike76251
1. Somebody spent $20,000 on this thing and there is no A/C on it ?!?

2. You lower them to make them look like they handle (?) and then you stick fat meats on the rear that send the back end around when the first rain drop hits the road.

3. You get a $8,000 paint job on it and then park it somewhere and someone puts a nice ding in the side with their door, you take it to the body shop to get that ding fixed and they laugh you out of the place because everybody knows you can't match the paint.

4. The nice and "shiny" paint gets the thing stolen within one hour
because both monkeys and thieves like "shiny" things.

5. Speaking of thieves; You try to rob a Seven-Eleven in it and you don't get very far because your truck is so unique that everybody knows you drive it and the cops are waiting in your driveway for you when you get home.

6.Speaking of cops; You get pulled over every third block because the cops think people that drive vehicles like that couldn't be a lawyer and are therefore easy prey. (happens often around here)

7. A real cute girl asks you to help her move because you have a "truck" and you have to turn her down because of the fuel cell in the back and $250 worth of Russel hoses hooked up to it that might get scratched by her bed frame. ( the same bed frame she will ask you to help set up and "adjust"!)

8.You buy it have to park the thing because OPEC sets the price of a barrel of oil at $75 (4 years from now) and you have a 3/4" fuel line feeding a big block with a carb that was designed by OPEC.

9. Every time you crank it up and "blast" everyone around you with the Flowmasters you show that you have a "hidden" problem of some sort most likely from being short or having some other "short" complex that we cannot discuss on this board.
1. Would you sat that about a factory Max Wedge? Hell, not only do they have no AC, they have no heater, no PS/PB, no radio, and no window cranks...just a strap to pull them up and down!

2. Not everybody lowers their truck to make it look like it handles...some people do it just for the looks.

3.. Most paint shopes give you extra paint or they can color match the paint very close...at least most "good" body shops can.

4. If someone wants to steal a car/truck, it doesn't matter what color it is, they will take it anyways...look at all the Honda Accords that get stolen, not all of those have "shiny" paint.

5. What in the world makes you think someone is going to rob a 7-11 in that thing...let alone rob a 7-11 period?!

6. Cops aren't going to pull you over for no reason, usually you have to be doing something illegal, driving like an diot, or have expired tags/burned out bulbs etc. My truck is bright yellow and louder than hell, haven't been pulled over at all!

7. Yeah, how ofter does that happen? I would solve that problem by either borrowing a friends truck (have any?) or use a trailer.

8. Fuel injection and OD trans would help, besides, do you think that is going to be someones daily driver?

9. ???...are you short?

Not everyones cup is "half empty", it is much better to look at it as "half full".

Personally the truck is not my style and too expensive, but there are some cool features about it!

BTW - "mortage" is spelled "mortgage".

-Jeff
bigblock73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 05:03 PM   #11
Mike76251

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by bigblock73

BTW - "mortage" is spelled "mortgage".

-Jeff [/B]
Sorry Jeff, I wouldn't know 'cause I don't have one.
Old 03-31-2003, 05:06 PM   #12
Mike76251

Quote:
Originally posted by bigblock73

6. Cops aren't going to pull you over for no reason,

-Jeff
What planet did you say you were from???
Any real estate for sale there??
Old 03-31-2003, 08:45 PM   #13
TIMSPEED

Haha, the thing that cracks me up the most, is they say a "High Performance" 402...those 402's are a 396, that Chevy punched out too far, so for 1970, they were "402". hahahaha
Old 03-31-2003, 08:48 PM   #14
LOHRTBT
BeWarE tHe eViL CrAnkTOe!

I didnt reply to that "one" post for a reason!! lol

- 1986 Chevy SWB - Stock for now
- 1986 Chevy Custom SWB *Stolen 6/26/05*
- 1985 Chevy SWB SOLD
- 1999 T/A Some mods
www.cardomain.com/id/ramairdave

AIM Screenname - Jester84
LOHRTBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 11:08 PM   #15
CT-Truckster
?

God Bless The USA
CT-Truckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2003, 01:46 AM   #16
gmc7286chevy

It looks good in a way....................Far Away!!!!!!!!
gmc7286chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2003, 09:00 AM   #17
bigblock73
yeller

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike76251

What planet did you say you were from???
Any real estate for sale there??
I am a law obiding (sp?) citizen, don't drive like an ass, and for the most part follow all the rules of the road. I am 29 and did the exact oposite of the above when I was in my teens/early twenties...learned my lessen real fast by losing my license for 30 days and paying numerous speeding/moving violations! If the cops are being d*cks where you live, maybe you are giving them a reason.

As far as real estate, at the price houses are going for around here...it ain't worth it! I am glad I got mine before the prices went thru the roof...I made $45,000 in equity in 1.5 years on my house and all I did was add a 1 3/4 bath and family room to the basement ($3000 invested total). Cant wait to install the new windows and siding (still have 50 yr old windows and shakes!).

-Jeff
bigblock73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2003, 12:49 PM   #18
Mike76251

Quote:
Originally posted by bigblock73

I am a law obiding (sp?) citizen, don't drive like an ass, and for the most part follow all the rules of the road. I am 29 and did the exact oposite of the above when I was in my teens/early twenties...learned my lessen real fast by losing my license for 30 days and paying numerous speeding/moving violations! If the cops are being d*cks where you live, maybe you are giving them a reason.

As far as real estate, at the price houses are going for around here...it ain't worth it! I am glad I got mine before the prices went thru the roof...I made $45,000 in equity in 1.5 years on my house and all I did was add a 1 3/4 bath and family room to the basement ($3000 invested total). Cant wait to install the new windows and siding (still have 50 yr old windows and shakes!).

-Jeff
The cops don't mess with me, it is what they do to other people that gets me around here.
I, like you, outgrew wild driving years ago. What did it for me was a few advanced biology courses in college. You know...seeing the results of force on a body.

50 yr old shakes ???????? What are they.....slate?
That is good life out of shakes!

Go with the best windows you can find. I tell people to do that even if they have to do a few at a time. It pays off later. I like the copper-clad Pellas. Expensive but permanent.

You must have the only yellow truck in town. I cannot remember ever seeing one around here. The trucks of our vintage are all rust and primer around here.
That hood looks good, when Chevy designed that scoop they did one of the best ever. It even looks good on a Ford.

You got shakes to rip off so we will talk later.