The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-03-2011, 02:39 PM   #1
MOJO1963GMC

Hows Mooneyes?

Was just curious. Have never ordered anything from them before.
MOJO1963GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 11:29 PM   #2
DesertCat

Re: Hows Mooneyes?

Suggest you call not order online... I ordered a steering wheel and some other stuff online, several days later inquired about my order and found out they were out of stock for a few weeks.

Maybe bad timing, who knows? Really good stuff though, I would have just waited normally but only gonna be home a short while.
Old 06-05-2011, 04:25 AM   #3
MOJO1963GMC

Thanks. Sent a money order off a week ago. I guess well just see. Have emailed them twice and have gotten no response.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-09-2011, 12:31 AM   #4
HEI451
Account Suspended

Before I moved here to Northern Nevada, I lived 2 miles up Norwalk Blvd. from Moon Equipment, and was a long time friend of the late Dean Moon. That said, IF the same person that bought the place form Dean still owns it, he is a Japanese hot rodder that immigrated to So. Cal., named Chico Kodama.

I have a LOT of fiends in the aftermarket industry, and I am involved in it as well, as a manufacturer. There are also a handful of people within the industry that I will not even interface with, and Chico, along with his Moon Equipment and "Mooneyes" operations are at the very top of the list of bad guys.

If the place has changed ownership, which I doubt, I sure hope it is De-Chico'd. They don't have anything I want from them, I'll either find it used, or build one on my own, instead of having to buy from them.

That is just my hands on from experience opinion. My recommendation: AVOID AT ALL COSTS.
HEI451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 02:51 PM   #5
MOJO1963GMC

Here's a update: On 10/13/11 I recieved my order from them. All it was was a steering wheel, horn cap and some valve caps. So it took them not quite 5 months to fill my first and last order from them. Glad I wasn't on a deadline.
Old 11-01-2011, 12:11 AM   #6
HEI451
Account Suspended

Yup, that sounds about right for Chico Kodama, the owner. Dean Moon never would have taken this long to get any order out, even if it were a Potvin cam he didn't have already in stock. His cam grinding facility was in one of the garages behind the store.

I haven't heard much good about Chico and his Moon Equipment. Just long waits for mediocre products, and for the same exact parts that cost less from other vendors.

I'm glad I don't live just up Norwalk Blvd., from the place any more, it'd make me sick to drive past the place and remember now good it used to be there, but just ain't any longer.
HEI451 is offline   Reply With Quote