The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-05-2011, 06:33 PM   #1
Blake_H

Window regulator problem

So I was running errands on Friday with my '87 and had the window down. It started to rain and I couldn't roll it up. I had to pull into a parking lot and really work to get it rolled up. I could feel it skipping a couple of teeth and in working so hard to get it rolled up, I bent the handle. Like I said, it was really hard to roll it up.

I have been to all the wrecking yards and become quite an expert on removing one, but once there out, I see that the forward roller has a flat spot on them and they don't roll around. Or, my favorite, the forward wheel falls off in my hand. They roll up and down okay, but I don't want to do this again on my truck.

So I came home and decided to ask you guys. Has anyone had success with a new/repop window regulator? If so, what brand? I see them on eBay and on a couple of suppliers website but was wondering about the quality. Anything that has broken on mine I have tried to replace it with a GM part even it is used.

Thanks for the help!

Blake_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 10:04 PM   #2
RandyP
Getting Old; Going Broke

Re: Window regulator problem

If you want, try to find a new OE regulator. I'm showing they are not discontinued yet. Part #14027431 for a left manual regulator.
When the going gets tough, switch to power tools.
RandyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 11:13 PM   #3
Blake_H

Re: Window regulator problem

Randy, thank you for that part number! I just got the order completed on gmpartsdirect.com

I appreciate the help!

Blake_H is offline   Reply With Quote