The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-08-2011, 11:53 PM   #1
WORP67

New here.

Hello my name is Justin and am located in Russellville, AR. I am 29 and gettin ready to pick my first '67 C10 fleet side. I am doing the 5.3l conversion. My uncle, grandfather, and I built my grandfathers '67 C10 years ago. With his we went with a 468 mated to TH350. Mine I am wantin to be more practicable. It will be a DD and every now and then a tow pig for the shop. This is why I am goin with the 5.3l over the stock v8 thats in it. I will be also bagging the truck.

I am not sure if the owner of the following truck is a member of this board or not, but he is my inspiration for building my truck. Of course I wont be doing it exactly like it is. Sorry the picture is so big I didnt host it I found it online and posted the image code.

Got the size changed.

Last edited by WORP67; 06-12-2011 at 01:38 AM.
WORP67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 11:26 PM   #2
70C10Toejam
Hellasick

Re: New here.

Welcome!

This life was a test. It was only a test. If this had been an actual life, you would have received instructions on where to go and what to do.

RED meat is not bad for you...FUZZY BLUE/GREEN MEAT is bad for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUILT FORD TOUGH WITH CHEVY STUFF--sticker at Goodguys
70C10Toejam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 12:36 AM   #3
WORP67

Thanks. I will get some pics up of my rig this weekend.
Old 06-10-2011, 09:06 AM   #4
1ATony

Hey welcome to the site, man that's a sweet truck. Nice job!
1ATony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 12:33 PM   #5
WORP67

No that ones not mine. Thats sim to how I am plannin on building mine. I will get some pics of mine up tomorrow.
Old 06-12-2011, 01:34 AM   #6
WORP67

Here are a few pics of what I am starting with.

I have already sourced some of the parts. Will update this as I go or make a build tread.

Plans are as follows for now:
99-02 5.3 or 5.7 vortec to keep from fly by wire tb or change tb, harness, and ecu
Bagged w/ 4 link rear
Shaved almost everything
Custom Cali combo
Floor shift auto
Black with blue pearl, not sure satin or gloss
Raised bed floor
Will do some kind of custom interior and engine bay not sure yet.

My ultimate goal it to make it look sim or as good as the one posted in first thread or the following one.

Old 07-12-2011, 12:48 AM   #7
WORP67

Its been a while since I have posted in here. I have been trying to come up with ideas on what I want to do, and have been sourcing parts.

Decided to get my patch panels from LMC truck. Stuff like rockers, floor pans and etc. Whats the report on their sheet metal parts as far as quality and fitment? Also lookin at their filler panels to shave the handles and stuff with. I have a plasma but thought it might just be easier to just buy some already cut if the fitment is known to be good.

I will be bagging the truck and Z'in the frame. I have decided to hard line the air bag lines. I was looking at SS lines and then polish or brush them but it seems like its goin to be a major PTA to flair the ends. The weather here isnt that bad even in the winter. So what I have decided to do I think is use 3/8" aluminum fuel line and do a brushed finish on it or polish.

Who's all has used the sheet metal parts from Grants Kustoms? I am lookin into their cali combo and front roll pan.

I am planning on a black, tweed, and stainless steel interior with stainless steel in a bit of other places. Some items like door handles and etc that I cant get or make in SS I will get in brushed aluminum. I want all the metal to have a brushed look I believe.

I have found a local salvage yard to source a 5.3l and 4l60e from. They have really good prices and a 6 month warranty. Does anyone know If I will have to have anything reflashed if I use the 99-02 cable drivin tb motor with the stock tranny with it? I know I will have to figure out something with the speed-o. I am not wanting to make a lot of power with this motor the biggest thing I will do is a exhaust, some kind of ram air, and a cam. I was thinking something along the line of a Hot Cam or a Vette cam. Along with the proper valve train.

I have been trying to plan this thing out so I dont keep changing my mind to much during the build and wasting money. I was majorly involved when we built my grandfather '67 C10 street rod. I learned then things I would do the same and things I would do diff. His was a ground up restore/customize. I know some of the things we did on his I would love to do. Here are the pics I do have of it on this comp. I will try to get more soon.

His mod list is as follows to the best of my knowledge. It was about 10yrs ago when we did it.

'67 c10 swb step side orig 6cyl 3 on the tree
468 ~750 hp(shop we got the motor from quoted us that) TH350 Tci 3200 stall
5lug and disc conversion
Few things shaved and frenched antenna
00 Chevy van front seats, custom vinyl and leather lined cab and door panels
mini tubbed rear with 33x16.5x15 MT Sportsman Pro 2
Mirror and brushed SS under the hood, firewall, fender wells, coresupport and more.
I am sure there is alot more I left out thats the basics.
Attached Images

Old 07-12-2011, 06:43 PM   #8
58 gmc
ToTM Winner

nice truck, heres a pic of my 68 gmc
Attached Images

Old 07-12-2011, 11:22 PM   #9
WORP67

Thanks alot of sweat and blood went into that thing. The only thing we didnt do was the paint. Everything else we did our selves from the SS under the hood to the cherry stained cedar in the bed.

Good lookin truck.
Old 07-27-2011, 06:11 PM   #10
eagleuh1

Hey Worp67, you'll like the 5.3, 4l60e setup. Who's the salvage yard your using? I saw a couple of 5.3s on Craigslist FS. I bought mine complete from Schramm Auto in Michigan. Take a look at my build thread. I went as inexpensive as I could getting mine in and mounted and running. Tried to make as much as I could and throw money at the stuff I couldn't or didn't have time for. PM me if you want to check it out in person. Good luck with your build. Jim
eagleuh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 06:14 PM   #11
eagleuh1

Also, saw that satin black truck at Slamily Reunion couple years ago in Fort Smith. Its a nice piece of artwork. Wish I had the time and space to do something like that. Jim
Old 07-28-2011, 11:43 AM   #12
WORP67

If I get shipped out to Afghan in March like they are talkin my wife is goin to build a 25x30 shop on my pad while I am gone. It will give me the space to do it once I get back. I will be taken a good long while on this one.

PicknPull. Between both the Cabot and the LR location they have ~15 vehicles that should have the 5.3 in them and a few that may have a LQ4 if I am lucky. Their price on everything(harness, ecu, fuse block, engine, and tranny) is less than $1000 and they come with a 6 month warranty. Ill check out your thread and I deff wanna check it out in person.

Where are the 1 piece door glass kits from? I dont like the chances that can be taken with the wing glass and I just dont care for the look either.
Old 07-31-2011, 12:09 AM   #13
WORP67

Well I was enlisted Friday the 29th. I ship off to basic on Aug. 29th. Once I return I will have my truck brought over and start working on it. May have it over here while I am gone and then I can just start tearing into it when I get back.
Old 07-31-2011, 10:27 AM   #14
eagleuh1

Hey, just wanted to say good luck in Boot Camp, thanks for serving. Its a good experience. And keep your head down if the March thing goes through. Its gonna be nice having a garage to work in when you get back. Get out of this stinkin hot Arkansas weather. I picked up my tranny at a Pic and Pull near Clarksville. Been doing good since. Good luck. Jim
Old 07-31-2011, 01:29 PM   #15
WORP67

I didnt know there was a pick n pull out by Clarksville. Where is that one at and how are there prices?

The heat at basic isnt goin to be much diff. I am goin to Fort Jackson SC.
Old 08-01-2011, 07:17 AM   #16
eagleuh1

I can't remember exactly where it was. I called a number from the yellow pages and they gave me directions. I paid $900 for a 4l60e that had about 5000 miles on it, with torque converter and a few other small items for my Blazer. Hazard of getting older, what were we talking about??? They beat Hwy 7 Salvage and the place on 7Ts prices though. Never been to Pic a Part in Conway or LR. Jim
Old 08-01-2011, 07:19 AM   #17
eagleuh1

You going to Slamily reunion in Fort Smith next weekend? I'm going to try and get my truck there, even though it ain't slammed or lowered at all. They had some nice vehicles there the last 2 I've been to. Jim
Old 08-01-2011, 01:02 PM   #18
WORP67

I dont know if I will be able to or not. I have so much to get done around here before I ship off to basic. I have bought alot of parts from the one in Cabot and LR. For the most part havent had any probs. The few I have had probs on I got a exchange.
Old 04-11-2012, 12:09 AM   #19
WORP67

Well I have got started on this thing. For now I will be keeping the 307 and rebuilding it til the wife finds a project and it will go in there then I will do the 5.3 or 6.0 swap.

So far I have ripped the motor apart, honed the cylinders, ordered parts required to rebuild and do a mild build on it. I have decided to go with a TPI setup. Have everything for it. Also got a Edelbrock cam and lifters along with some comp cams push rods. Doing a little dress up on it too. Have aluminum valve covers, timing cover, pulleys, etc.

Got the cylinders honed tonight. Plan on putting the bottom end back together on my next day off.
Posted via Mobile Device