The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-21-2011, 01:12 AM   #1
firenuttz
2lo4me/ntlonuf/ntfstnf

Unhappy could really use some uplifting words right now

hey all, i just need something to cheer me up right now, being a few state away from all my stuff and having my dad and brother working like vultures and my three trucks basically being parts bins for them just kinda sucks. but when i confront them about it they offer to buy the parts after they take them and they really dont seem to worry about how much time and effort ive put into them, they think that i make oodles of money and can replace them at the drop of a dime, and on top of that i am the one who built their trucks and they make it seem like i didnt do anything for them, idk, im just having a bad day and could use some encouragement

sorry for my rant guys...ok im done
02 Silverado cclb duramax~ sas'd "bro" truck with more rust than imagineable...
firenuttz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 07:18 AM   #2
Restrorob
The One And Only !!!

Re: could really use some uplifting words right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by firenuttz View Post
could use some encouragement

Hate to be so blunt, But it sounds like you could use some backbone....

Crap like this will continue until YOU do something about it, TELL them to keep their hands OFF your belongings. If they need something ASK FIRST, Then YOU decide if you want to let them have it.

If they have money to pay you for what they steal then they can pay someone else without stealing and leave YOUR chit alone !

Yeah, Been there before but I broke um of it..... No one fools with my chit NO more.

Don't cry.....DO something about it.....

Best of Luck !
88 TA-GTA in the works....
97 GMC Ext. Cab
502 Crate 5 Spd......Sucks Gas But Haulz Azz !

The primary function of an Engineer is to make it difficult for the Fabricator and impossible for the Mechanic.

"Why go out preserved when you can go out beat up, worn out, sliding in sideways screaming, Holy Sh!t What A Ride" !!!
Restrorob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 09:22 AM   #3
waynep

I dont care if its family,friends or strangers I dont have room in my life for people who disrespect me.Your dad and brother dont respect you.If they took the parts without asking that is stealing.I know its a little extreme to press charges but charge them fair market value and tell them the next time it happens you be so nice about it.
waynep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 09:28 AM   #4
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

a chain and padlock would keep them out from under the hood, and a storage unit would keep them from the truck.
I have to agree to an extent with the above... your stuff is your stuff. If they NEED to use your battery to get to and from work, that's one thing, as long as it was put back when you got home... I can see that, but not cannibalizing your ride to make there's better.
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 10:27 AM   #5
cdowns

from what i've seen over many many years is shared community type arrangements rarely work out to everybodys satisfaction

sell everything that you cant have with you, and have one project with you that you can play with and workon . you'll get more accomplished with less hard feelings
71c-10 350/2004r/4:11 lowered3/4 longbed/dead by hurricane

MEANING OF DEATH::::: SOMEBODY ELSE GETS YOUR STUFF

DONT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU THINK

TAKE MY ADVISE;I DON'T USE IT ANYWAY
cdowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 01:05 PM   #6
1974ChevyC10
Overworked and Underlaid

I can kinda relate to this because my dad is the same way i don't have any brothers just sisters neither of whom are into trucks my dad is so bad he is known amongst our family for being a thief.My dad used to steal stuff from me including money and i basically informed him that i will get the law involved and i'm not afraid to press charges and prosecute him if it continued and that he was to never touch any of my property again i don't care if its stored at your house or not.My dad even went as far as to try getting social security benefits for taking care of me financially even though he wasn't.I also informed him that i would report him to them for fraud if he pursued it.He got the message.I know i kinda got off on a rant here but it does sound like you to stand up to your dad and brother,tell em how it is and like it is and most importantly STAND YOUR GROUND and DO NOT BACK DOWN FOR ANYTHING.i know its maybe not what you wanted to hear but its what needs to be done.so go get em,give em hell and let us know how it goes.

The Beast-1978 C10 LWB

Red-1978 C10 LWB

(Uncle Mike)Michael Henry Millett 11/5/1957 to 03/08/2012
Gone but will never be forgotten-RIP

(Uncle Chuck)Charles Manning Gulbronsen Sr 1956-2012
Taken from us to soon but you will live on in our hearts-RIP
1974ChevyC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 02:09 PM   #7
augie
Waiting for Paul to Open Safe

I agree with a lot of the above. Try to find someplace else to store your stuff, out of sight out of mind. Plus if the stuff is being stored at their place they may have the idea that it's ok since they are looking after it for you. Be blunt about your opinion of their actions. The next time you're back in town make sure you reclaim any parts that were "borrowed" without your permission.

Last edited by augie; 06-21-2011 at 02:10 PM.
augie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 06:45 PM   #8
Shane
Account Suspended

grow a set then go get your stuff.

Last edited by Shane; 06-21-2011 at 06:45 PM.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 07:05 PM   #9
firenuttz
2lo4me/ntlonuf/ntfstnf

thanks guys, that is for the most part exactly what i needed, i have been trying to get all of my stuff out of there but i have yet to find a place to put it that wont cost an arm or a leg or wind up having the same problem so im kinda stuck with where im at. but i do plan on getting all of my stuff back, i think the part that got me upset was the fact that they think my trucks are the biggest piles of poo and yet they continue to take parts (and ideas for that matter) for their projects... thanks again for the help guys
Old 06-21-2011, 10:13 PM   #10
thirdstreettito
Resident of Here

Grab a 5 hour energy and Kick some Arse! Personally, if my family took my stuff without my permission I would bring them up on charges. I dont mind if punishing a theif breaks up my family, thieves deserve punishment, no matter what the relation. My .02.

Miss having a truck
thirdstreettito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 01:29 AM   #11
piecesparts
Parts and more parts

What would your Dad say? Mine would say that I was laying around, wishing for crap that I would never get, unless I got up off my butt. That is the kind way of saying it. You are what you are and unless you see yourself in the mirror as a progressive person, you will always be hanging in the dust of another person. By the way the view does not change unless you are the lead dog.
Old 06-22-2011, 09:42 PM   #12
prairewolf

print this thread and put it in an envelope on the seat of one of your parts trucks...... you will know if they read it or not the next time you talk to them.

if they are mad about it and say they do not understand, tell them to read it again only slower.... .... it will actually help them see themselves and you will be doing them some good. ......... if it was not family I would probably not say a word, and just distance myself from them for good. ..... family is a good thing when it is functioning.

p.s. ...... in post # 11 the sentence about seeing ourselves in the mirror as progressive is perfect.. ..... I will be forever grateful I read it. ...........kent

Last edited by prairewolf; 06-22-2011 at 09:51 PM.
prairewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 09:52 PM   #13
lakeroadster
Account Suspended

Lots of good advice being given here Firenuttz. You can pick your friends, you can't pick your family. Don't take any $hit off of them just 'cause they are "blood". Many times "blood" treats "blood" worse than total strangers.

Think of it this way, if they are taking / steeling these parts from you, if you sell the parts for scrap value you will be money ahead, right?

People treat you the way that you allow them to.

Good luck to you and keep us in the loop.
lakeroadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 11:33 PM   #14
firenuttz
2lo4me/ntlonuf/ntfstnf

there is alot of good help from good people on here, but since posting this thread ive talked to my father and come to an agreement that if i notice anything missing when i get my stuff charges will be pressed, and ive noticed that this really didnt start until i had proposed to my now fiance about a year ago, then everything between me and my dad just kinda snowballed because he didnt like their family and he has all of these ideas in his head that arent true and the way he sees it, he doesnt think that im gonna touch my trucks until im in my late 30s so he doesnt see a problem with "borrowing" the parts till im ready for them and he also seems to think that since im 19 and paying for my own wedding im instantly in debt and need his help bailing me out which is the the exact opposite from the truth, well thanks again to anyone who replied to this, you all have given me something to think about and how this will be taken care of... man i could really use one of these
Old 06-23-2011, 09:32 AM   #15
waynep

I know what family life is like when your parents dont like the new daughter in law.Im in that boat.When you become a man and choose the woman you want to marry what the family thinks dont matter.No Im not saying it not going to be a hard road but if you love the wife to be then the family has to except it or...............They just might see less of you.I have been dealing with this for 16 years and its never gotten better.HAHAHAHAHA My mom had the girl she wanted me to marry picked out.She is still pi**ed because I didnt marry her.
waynep is offline   Reply With Quote