The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-02-2003, 09:30 PM   #1
crazy longhorn
Fabricate till you "puke"

Another gear.....or 3!

Ups dropped off a 6 spd Richmond box today I still have a few things to finish up, but its bolted in the longhorn, & the shifter is set up. man does that thing have some girth! Not your direct bolt in for a pickup. Fortunately, I had rebuilt the floor hump after dropping the body, & had plenty of clearance for that monster trans. The crossmember also needed a tab welded on the front, as there was no way the main case of trans would clear with crossmember under the trans. The Long shifter that was sent with it is very nice quality. I still need to chase down speedo gears,front slip yolk, & finish the clutch linkage on the bottom& I should be ready to play.......need 2 burnout dudes, I got 6 gears crazyL......40 something goin on 20
crazy longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 09:35 PM   #2
72MARIO

Cool.

When do you plan on painting that Awesome Beast ?
1990 V2500 Suburban "Plow Truck"
2005 TAHOE DD
72MARIO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 09:50 PM   #3
crazy longhorn

I have a few more mods to do Mario, then i need to tear the truck down into a bazillion pcs & paint everything. Last time I took it all apart, it fit in 1 stall when I backed it in......but it took up 3 stalls in pcs(go figure!). Paint is not on the top of the list at present, but ill get there crazyL
Old 04-02-2003, 11:03 PM   #4
bigjimzlll

I would never paint mine, if the wife wasn't on me about it....I really like the old farm truck sleeper aspect....Al..what did you have to pay for that bad boy 6 pack,,I mean 6 speed..and..I know you must have taken it around the block..hows it feel?
Jim

click the clicky to join the site....
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/payments.php

67 lwb..first hotrod in 25 years..540 best ET is 9.45 @ 141.44
Anderson,CA
bigjimzlll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 12:18 AM   #5
crazy longhorn

Its not on the road yet Jim, I still have a little hardware to dig up. The trans came in this afternoon, & after a little welding on the crossmember its in the truck, & the shifter is adjusted. I still have to change the slip yolk(mine was too long), set up speedo, & the bottom rod for the clutch linkage, & close the hole for the shifter. I think I will add a urathane mount while im under there. My guess is it will be a hand full to drive! The trans went 2900 & some change(ouch), but should handle all the guff that sb can give it...crazyL
Old 04-03-2003, 12:26 AM   #6
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

Sweet.
What kind of clutch you gonna slap in it?
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 12:31 AM   #7
bigjimzlll

O.U.C.H. 2900...I know its worth it, but I just cant spend that much at once...I have no problem spending that if its spread out a little..now if they had an easy payment plan......
good luck bud...let us know how great it is...I just wish I could see your face when you yank second

click the clicky to join the site....
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/payments.php

67 lwb..first hotrod in 25 years..540 best ET is 9.45 @ 141.44
Anderson,CA
bigjimzlll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 12:37 AM   #8
crazy longhorn

Its got a hays billet flywheel, & a Centerforce dual friction clutch set. I cheaped out on the scatersheild, still runnig the old cast iron bell but have ARP fasteners. The linkage stock linkage has been modified for a straight push from the peddle arm to the bell crank, & has rod ends. More mods next yr..... I spent it pretty good for this season . Ill probably be lopsided at the end of the season......me thinks the right arm & left leg will get a workout. Man its gonna be fun! crazyL