The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-03-2003, 02:57 PM   #1
69C30

Need advice on selling '69 C-30

Sorry, posted this to the parts board by mistake first time...

Hello folks,

My in-laws have a 1969 Chevy C30...hasn't seen much use in the past, say, 20 years besides riding around their property and the fields of the farmer who owned it before them. I worked on it for a while for them but it ultimately was more than my in-laws wanted to take on. They want to sell it.

It's red (originally that dark orange), it's got an OK wooden stake body, and the cab and chassis are very straight and mostly rust-free. Cab corners are clean, as is everything else but the floors, which have been replaced with some sheet metal and rivets...not elegant but functional. The only chassis rust is a little in the center crossmember by the driveshaft support bearing. Driveline is a 307 V8 and 4-speed. Motor needs work--pretty bad knock and it isn't firing on all cylinders. Shifts well. Brake system needs work...new master cylinder last year but all the lines need replacement. Starts up every time despite sitting.

Factory stake body, dually rear wheels, short wheelbase.

Electric all works, some new parts (alternator, fuel pump, brake master, etc.).

This C-30 is a good, solid original truck. It needs a motor swap and new brake lines. It's very straight. I don't know how many '69 C-30s are still out there, but this is kinda like a barn find without the barn. ;-)

Located in northern Maryland just south of the Pennsylvania line. According to the VIN the truck was built in Baltimore.

What do you guys think we should ask for the truck? Anybody interested? I have digital pics at home that I can upload later.

Thanks

'76 BMW 2002
'03 VW Golf
'69 Chevy C-30

Last edited by 69C30; 04-03-2003 at 03:19 PM.
69C30 is offline   Reply With Quote