The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-07-2011, 09:50 PM   #1
chopped81step

I Hate Stupid People!

Went to the Home Depot today to get some paint for the house & took the truck. Went in, came out & drove home. Got out to go in the house & I see this...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/14958310@N02/5913588543/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/14958310@N02/5914148652/

Just one more reason for me to hate stupid ass people.

Last edited by N2TRUX; 07-07-2011 at 09:56 PM.
chopped81step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 10:10 PM   #2
bharrison1

Angry Re: I Hate Stupid People!

Ugh no respect!!!That sucks !!!
bharrison1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 10:13 PM   #3
rwhit57

Re: I Hate Stupid People!

That sucks! It's not bad enough to be stupid enough to hit your truck, but then to be sorry enough not to fess up to it and do the right thing is just wrong. I hope they get just reward. Cool looking truck.
rwhit57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 10:14 PM   #4
Restrorob
The One And Only !!!

That's a shame, If I have to park my rig in a lot it's in the far corner and I take up four spots !

Sharp look'n truck none the less.....
88 TA-GTA in the works....
97 GMC Ext. Cab
502 Crate 5 Spd......Sucks Gas But Haulz Azz !

The primary function of an Engineer is to make it difficult for the Fabricator and impossible for the Mechanic.

"Why go out preserved when you can go out beat up, worn out, sliding in sideways screaming, Holy Sh!t What A Ride" !!!
Restrorob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 10:27 PM   #5
rwhit57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restrorob View Post
That's a shame, If I have to park my rig in a lot it's in the far corner and I take up four spots !

Quick story: Years ago a buddy had an old Vega. He ran to Sears to get a belt. He parked up by the door and ran in. While he was in the store the little worn out Vega popped out of gear and (according to eye witnesses)meandered across the parking lot missing cars, people, and light poles and finally slamming into the side of a brand new Cadillac that the owner had parked far away from everything so no one would ding the doors.
rwhit57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 10:42 PM   #6
lunchbox99

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopped81step View Post
Went to the Home Depot today to get some paint for the house & took the truck. Went in, came out & drove home. Got out to go in the house & I see this...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/14958310@N02/5913588543/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/14958310@N02/5914148652/

Just one more reason for me to hate stupid ass people.
i bet home depot has cameras on their parking lot... nice truck!
aluminum partoit heads 2.02,lunati 268 flat tappet,comp roller rockers 1.6,hi-tech torque link intake(Jim McFarland),electric water pump,650 holley double pumper,msd 6al,msd street fire dizzy,doug's long tube headers(ceramic),3" exhaust(flowmaster 40)
lunchbox99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 11:19 PM   #7
1LowToy

Hard to tell what to do. I had the same thing at Lowes today. I should have known not to park in front. Got dinged on my new rear sport bumper. But then I'd a had a Pinto tag me in the back of the lot. First day I had my truck on the street in 18 months.
1LowToy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 01:51 AM   #8
80streetcoupe

Sorry to hear of the parking lot ding!! That sucks fer sure!!!
Nice truck though. My '77 suede black stepside doesn't look nearly as sweet as yours!!
How much did you chop out of the roof, 5 in.?
80streetcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 03:19 AM   #9
andrewmp6

Its gonna happen and if you are in a no fault state in a parking lot your insurance covers your car even if someone hits it.
andrewmp6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 07:27 AM   #10
chopped81step

Quote: How much did you chop out of the roof, 5 in.?

I think it is, the roof was chopped when I got it. The chop is cool, but you gotta duck when you hit the bumps in the road lol. I'm not too pissed about the paint it's Eastwood's Hot Rod Black, pretty cheap..It's the dent that pisses me off. My camera didd'nt show the dent but it's there. I was parked pretty far out & this is what I get.
chopped81step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 09:12 AM   #11
liftlawssuck

I hate stupid people as well. That's one of the many reasons why I stay away from Home Depot's and Lowes and the like. Far too many idiots that work there as well. Really sucks what happened. But look on the bright side. It could have been a whole lot worse. Like someone else had said. They may have cameras in parking lot. Worth looking into.
liftlawssuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 09:17 AM   #12
vegas80step

****y....

A buddy got hit in a walmart lot, front bumper pretty banged up.. it was on camera and someone wrote down the plate number of the car that hit him. (they drove off) police told him there is nothing they can do because it is in a privite parking lot. it's that bull****???

he didn't have full coverage... had to take it on the chin...
vegas80step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 09:29 AM   #13
GCncsuHD
Charlie Daniels w/ a Tq Wrench

Such a shame, I hate people with no respect and no decency to take responsibility for their actions.

Quote:

I try and park as obnoxiously close as possible to people like you with my beater Mazda. Not people that park far away, I respect that, but those that take up multiple spots.

And yea, sucks that there is nothing they can do about it being in a private parking lot legally. I've only been a victim of it once, but it wasn't bad, some little car hit my 2001 2500HD but only left some blue paint across my tire and cracked a center cap on the wheel, missed the body completely.
78 K30 Dually Semi-Retired Fire Truck 350/SM465 35"s
SOLD01 2500HD ECSB 6.0 4x4 5.13's 8" lift 38"s
GCncsuHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 10:20 AM   #14
Keith Seymore

I gotta tell ya - I was on the other side of this equation not long ago (...the "offender"...).

We were at Home Depot loading some stuff. I asked my 12 year old to hold the cart while I unloaded it - and - naturally he didn't.

Fully loaded cart rolled downhill and smashed into the side of a brand new red Duramax pickup all in "slow motion". It was a really nice truck (before this happened) and my heart just sank. I thought about taking off for about a nanosecond, but ended up leaving a detailed note, with all my contact info, on the windshield.

The couple was walking out as we were leaving, so I pulled back around and talked to them in person, explaining the situation and that I would take care of it.

In the end, I paid out of pocket to make sure they were fixed up and satisfied (they are, as far as I know), but my point in posting this is that I was ashamed at how fast my mind went to "not doing the right thing".

It was one of my more expensive Home Depot trips, if you know what I mean...

K
1986 - 2019
Intro from an Old Assembly Guy: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=342926
My Pontiac story: http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=560524
Chevelle intro: http://www.superchevy.com/features/s...hevy-chevelle/
Keith Seymore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 10:50 AM   #15
rayfinseats

Probably some 90 year old that was so senile they didn't even know they hit you. My son worked construction and said old ladies would drive right down closed roads bouncing all over the place.
rayfinseats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 11:12 AM   #16
Goldfinger

That's how i get dents i've got to the point i'll take 2 spaces. people are so inconsiderate.

1999 k3500 crew cab dually 6.5tdi/4l80e
Goldfinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 01:52 PM   #17
spudz

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCncsuHD View Post
Such a shame, I hate people with no respect and no decency to take responsibility for their actions.

I try and park as obnoxiously close as possible to people like you with my beater Mazda. Not people that park far away, I respect that, but those that take up multiple spots.

And yea, sucks that there is nothing they can do about it being in a private parking lot legally. I've only been a victim of it once, but it wasn't bad, some little car hit my 2001 2500HD but only left some blue paint across my tire and cracked a center cap on the wheel, missed the body completely.
I take up two spots in vehicles I care about because of people that open their door into my vehicle. I'm willing to pay the fine as its a parking violation. I've been doing it for years and if I get a ticket I think its well worth it. BUT if someone was to on purpose park obnoxiously close to my door just to be an A-hole.... I feel sorry for your door because consequences be damned I'm gonna cave it in....
2004 z71, 96 z71 on 38s, 88 Chevy k5 blazer, 4in lift. 84 swb project, 82 SWB project , 84 chevy 4x4 lwb project, 88 Jimmy beater/highschool ride. 79 c30. 99 tahoe 4x4 project. and a bunch of parts trucks..
spudz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:32 PM   #18
cward2

Although the police are usually correct about not being able to ticket the other driver for a hit and run on private property, I'm sure the cops will gladly give you the owner's name from a license plate and you can then take the owner to small claims court for a loss.

Although hit and run criminal investigations do look for the car's "driver" and not the car's "owner", civil court may take a wider view and allow the owner of the car to bear the financial cost due to the fact that the owner controls access to the car (unless reported stolen, of course). You can do the filing yourself and sometimes with small claims cases, just the filing gets payments underway.

Not legal advice and ymmv.

Btw, that hot rod black really is slick on the stepside.
cward2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:32 PM   #19
GCncsuHD
Charlie Daniels w/ a Tq Wrench

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudz View Post
I take up two spots in vehicles I care about because of people that open their door into my vehicle. I'm willing to pay the fine as its a parking violation. I've been doing it for years and if I get a ticket I think its well worth it. BUT if someone was to on purpose park obnoxiously close to my door just to be an A-hole.... I feel sorry for your door because consequences be damned I'm gonna cave it in....
Go ahead, that's why I drive a beater, Key it? Go ahead, Dents? Got em, Slash my tires? No prob, they are $10 tire man tires anyway, Windshield? Yep got a big ol crack going across it. I think the only thing that would really ruin my day is if someone busted my passenger side window, only piece of glass my parts truck is missing.

I prefer to park my nice stuff out of the way in between the lines, I saw evidence way too often when I lived in the city where people would mess with your car for taking up two spaces, it's pretty counter productive in most cases as it just invites attention. I would never mess with someone's vehicle, but I don't mind messing with their personal space when they park like an idiot.
78 K30 Dually Semi-Retired Fire Truck 350/SM465 35"s
SOLD01 2500HD ECSB 6.0 4x4 5.13's 8" lift 38"s
GCncsuHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 05:36 PM   #20
92GMCDriver

what a shame, i usually try and park a bit further down ever since someone decided to open their door into the door of my all original paint 1992 gmc. left a nice sized dent in the door panel and a 6 inch long crease above the dent, and of course there was not a soul in the parking lot who witnessed it.
92GMCDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 06:11 PM   #21
Restrorob
The One And Only !!!

Quote:
I think the only thing that would really ruin my day is if someone busted my passenger side window
Quote:
but I don't mind messing with their personal space when they park like an idiot.

Hmmm...... What about someone bust'n your lip cuz you parked your beater like a idiot ?

In most all cases there's a reason people take two or more spaces, And not knowing their demeanor you could open yourself up to some serious backlash. Best just find a empty spot and leave well enough alone.....
88 TA-GTA in the works....
97 GMC Ext. Cab
502 Crate 5 Spd......Sucks Gas But Haulz Azz !

The primary function of an Engineer is to make it difficult for the Fabricator and impossible for the Mechanic.

"Why go out preserved when you can go out beat up, worn out, sliding in sideways screaming, Holy Sh!t What A Ride" !!!
Restrorob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 07:49 PM   #22
78 Chevyrado
Account Suspended

Quote:
Hmmm...... What about someone bust'n your lip cuz you parked your beater like a idiot ?

In most all cases there's a reason people take two or more spaces, And not knowing their demeanor you could open yourself up to some serious backlash. Best just find a empty spot and leave well enough alone.....

I've had people try to block me in with their beaters cuz i took two spots. I just walked on their roof, climbed in my window and backed out scraping my bumper down the entire side.

there's a fix for all kinds of stupidity. both sides of it.
78 Chevyrado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 08:08 PM   #23
spudz

Quote:

Exactly. I mean, parking that close to someone that has put his hard work into his ride and is just trying to keep it nice is just you purposely acting like a jerk and trying to piss people off... I guess you just never parked next to the right/wrong people yet....
2004 z71, 96 z71 on 38s, 88 Chevy k5 blazer, 4in lift. 84 swb project, 82 SWB project , 84 chevy 4x4 lwb project, 88 Jimmy beater/highschool ride. 79 c30. 99 tahoe 4x4 project. and a bunch of parts trucks..
spudz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 09:05 PM   #24
Dunenutt
Newbee

When I had my 55, I would park way away from other cars. I would park it in a space, centered as not to offend anyone. It never failed, I would come out and every spot around me was occupied! I guess they wanted to look at it, but I collected alot of door dings.
Dunenutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 10:19 PM   #25
rayfinseats

I once parked a 68 Camaro in a parking lot all by itself and went across the street. When I came out the whole side was smashed in... It doesn't matter how you park.
rayfinseats is offline   Reply With Quote