The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-18-2011, 12:24 AM   #1
k1rodeoboater

After a small hiatus I'm back to the truck...

I dropped off the radar a month or two back, and my truck has sat untouched really aside from me doing a little welding on my rear fenders since then. I hurt my back in October, and about 30 days ago I had surgery on my L4-S1 discs. My old man is down here to help me work on the truck some to get it running since I will likely being getting orders to a new unit or I will be getting reclassed to a new MOS since it's hard to be an infantryman with a messed up back. Unfortunately we've got 2 days of good weather and a 30% chance of rain the rest of the week. We're gonna try to get as much done as possible in the next 2 days, he's going to be doing all of the heavy lifting and awkward bending work. I'm gonna try to do what I can to help and prioritize the work.

...and I was hoping he'd get to see the truck finished and me handing him over the keys. Oh well so much for the original plan. He's pretty excited about it, and has been since I got the truck...well he doesn't know about the me handing it over to him part but he's wanted to work on a classic with me since I was a tiny tot and life just got in the way. Better 10 years late than never I suppose.

no garage, no shop, limited storage space and tools....no problem.
k1rodeoboater is offline   Reply With Quote