The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-19-2011, 05:26 PM   #1
1980c-10 mybaby

New updates

Well the truck got back on the ground for a whopping 2 hours after i finished my flip kit... enough time for me to put the grille and headlight bezels in and than the rear was back in the air to get a new drive shaft made to fit because the flip kit slide the yoke to far out... Also in that time i decide that i would redo the brakes in the drum... driver side went fine had some cussing and swearing to do at those stupid springs but i understand how they all work now and its really neat compared to the new Toyota's ive done... but the passenger side that's another story... came apart great... came out of the garage from cleaning some parts and my emergency brake cable on the passenger side snapped and was broken... no one was outside maybe the wind blew to hard who knows... now ive ordered my new brake cable and have had to wait a week just for it to get here... should be here 8am tomorrow which isn't good cause ive gotta work at 9:30

on top of that i one of the brake lines was snapped off in the passenger rear wheel cylinder and was zip tied with rubber hose to hold it together so no brake fluid would leak... DIDNT WORK
1980c-10 mybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 08:17 PM   #2
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

Re: New updates

two steps forward one step back.. the joy of owning an older truck! but look at the bright side sooner or later you run out of parts to replace... hopefully then you wont need to start over!

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 08:53 PM   #3
1980c-10 mybaby

Re: New updates

ya no kidding... i bought the truck a year ago no motor no trans havent driven it yet... i just sit in the driver seat and turn the key over and i sit there listening to it idle lol... not to mention when the trucks turned off and my battery disconnected i just sit there and make sounds shifting through the gears reving to high RPMs lol... but your right some day ill finish it or become so tired of fixing only half of it ill get another daily driver and frame off this truck since im gonna keep it forever
1980c-10 mybaby is offline   Reply With Quote