The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-24-2011, 04:15 PM   #2
jocko

Re: Unique CL Find

apparently Dallas is the place to find one of these... I am diggin the 63's in there. Very nice.

You're not shopping are you Zach!?

Btw, not good news, but I scoured (ok, called, since they wouldn't let me in physically to scour) the local yards. No joy on the early GMC side trim or grille. What is really, really frustrating to me is that I drive by these yards every day - I SEE the 60-66 stockpile inside the fence, and before I can finish a sentence on the phone, the answer is "no, we don't have anything like that". Talk about lazy - even IF you make more money by crushing them (which, according to at least one honest junkyard owner IS the plan because it is where the money is), why NOT go ahead and make a few extra bucks on the tiny trim pieces before you crush them?? Just plain lazy - that's all it boils down to. So, sitting outside the fence lookin in - can see what I would love to look thru (multi-60-66's piled up side by side) and can't get in the fence. (having said that - sorry, but have not even seen the early 60's GMC side trim Zach - if I did, I'd climb the fence and bring the guard dogs a piece of meat to occupy them while I run....) But I'll keep looking.
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 05:06 PM   #3
CVA59

Thanks Jocko. I really appreciate your help. I did find the side trim. I found and bought the door pieces NOS new never installed. I should have them by next Wednesday. I am still looking for a 61 Chevy grill but finding the trim was my biggest worry and that has been solved so i can sleep now, LOL.

Not looking for myself on CL (wife would flip if i brought home another truck). One is all i can handle for sure. I am always on there browsing and saw those ads. There are some really nice and good priced trucks out there.

Thanks again. If you do see a nice grill drop me a line.
Zack

www.23t.weebly.com

Old 07-24-2011, 05:40 PM   #4
jocko

wilco Zack, very glad you found the door trim - will keep my eyes peeled for a grille.
There is a 4x4 61 step (maybe a 60) for sale not too far from my house - the ONE thing it appears to be missing (cosmetically anyway.... ) is the grille. Has a 64-66 in it right now.

I know what you mean about 1 at a time... I'm afraid mine will be laid up all summer waiting on 1 frickin part. Kinda getting on my nerves that I planned my whole trans swap on a specific adapter, made by a specific company, that is apparently too busy to answer their email or phone. I know it's a part time business, but c'mon guys, either be in business or out of business, but not halfway - I could have approached my trans swap from a different direction, but am stuck now - they promised they'd have some in 3 weeks for sale and now it's been 4 and they are unreachable. Son of a... Gun.
But I digress.. Glad you found that trim, that really is the hard part. So, dumb question - do you want the 61 chev grille on your jimmy because that is how your dad's truck was outfitted? Just curious - but no matter how ya do it, that is a sweet truck, really like it.
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 06:11 PM   #5
CVA59

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko View Post
wilco Zack, very glad you found the door trim - will keep my eyes peeled for a grille.
There is a 4x4 61 step (maybe a 60) for sale not too far from my house - the ONE thing it appears to be missing (cosmetically anyway.... ) is the grille. Has a 64-66 in it right now.

I know what you mean about 1 at a time... I'm afraid mine will be laid up all summer waiting on 1 frickin part. Kinda getting on my nerves that I planned my whole trans swap on a specific adapter, made by a specific company, that is apparently too busy to answer their email or phone. I know it's a part time business, but c'mon guys, either be in business or out of business, but not halfway - I could have approached my trans swap from a different direction, but am stuck now - they promised they'd have some in 3 weeks for sale and now it's been 4 and they are unreachable. Son of a... Gun.
But I digress.. Glad you found that trim, that really is the hard part. So, dumb question - do you want the 61 chev grille on your jimmy because that is how your dad's truck was outfitted? Just curious - but no matter how ya do it, that is a sweet truck, really like it.
My truck is actually a Chevrolet. I hear ya and understand totally about your adapter issue. I have had the same problem on the trim until last Friday. Some people just don't honor their words and that is sad. Thanks for the compliment, it is a long road ahead but i will get it done hopefully. I feel 100% better now that the trim is coming.

www.23t.weebly.com