The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-07-2011, 06:09 PM   #1
TJBrown

New to the Forum!

Been reading away for the last few weeks and decided to post my truck. Will start out with a little history.

First ride i ever had was an 84 Custom Deluxe. It was not treated very well by the PO and i spend many a weekend just keeping it running. Needless to say, i was in high school, no upgrades, just keeping it going. Had it until i graduated and needed something more dependable. I still see the old truck around town from time to time. Have tons of fond memories of that old truck and the time i had in it.

Well fast forward to about a month ago and 17 years later. I decided i needed a new project and have been meaning to get a truck. That is when i came across this on the side of the road.

85 Silverado. No Motor, No Trans. Originally came with a 305 and a 700r4. Perfect considering i had a few 350 standard bore motors at the shop ready to be rebuilt. I also had a buddy that owed me a favor on a Power Glide swap for his dragster and he happened to have a 700r4 in the corner of his shop. Looking forward to posting pictures as the progress continues. Everything was with the truck minute a back bumper, no biggy, and the wiring had not been butchered. Was happy with the find

We got the motor in yesterday along with the trans but forgot the camera at the shop.

I look forward to hanging out in the forum a lot!

TJ
Old 08-07-2011, 07:34 PM   #2
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

Re: New to the Forum!

welcome aboard! so whats the rest of the plans for that truck?

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 08:04 PM   #3
TJBrown

Have one dent to work out on the pass quarter and then we start blocking the whole thing. After that it will get shot Coors Light Silver (lol) and the interior will go medium grey. Currently the interior is burgundy so i have lots of work to do there. Inside will be pretty much all factory appearance with the exception of the stereo that already has a single DIM unit installed. Factory grill and headlight trim, Silverado badges on the front fenders and the trim around the tail lights will about to it for the trim package. Will probably stick with the Mod rims that are on it because they where big in that era.

Last edited by TJBrown; 08-07-2011 at 08:22 PM.
TJBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 09:33 PM   #4
Restrorob
The One And Only !!!

Welcome Aboard TJ !

Sounds like you have a good plan, I like the idea of keeping the period correct wheels.....

Just think...... You'll be feel'n like a teenager again in no time !
88 TA-GTA in the works....
97 GMC Ext. Cab
502 Crate 5 Spd......Sucks Gas But Haulz Azz !

The primary function of an Engineer is to make it difficult for the Fabricator and impossible for the Mechanic.

"Why go out preserved when you can go out beat up, worn out, sliding in sideways screaming, Holy Sh!t What A Ride" !!!
Restrorob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 10:55 PM   #5
Pop's C-10

Welcome
Pop's C-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 09:18 AM   #6
Stepper562

Welcome, nice rig and happy wrenching. Keep us updated on the progress. Pics, pics and some more pics...
Posted via Mobile Device
Stepper562 is offline   Reply With Quote