The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-07-2003, 06:11 PM   #1
Alexis
Member since 2000

Thumbs up Early Classic

I know I'm already getting to those guy with questions and stuff but i fell into a problem with a item I got. I ordered the set of brake line tubes through them from Inline tube. I really trust ECE to back up what they sell me. Well some how we got into a miss communication about what the item was going to go on, a 72 2wd blazer (I own a 70). Well i got the line and there was some extra tubes and stuff. Well at first i thought about workin with them (talk to the guys at ECE about it and about the brake hose). why not, I thought. Later I found out with the help of the search function it seems the 72's have the rear crossmember which is notched for the brake hose to attach too and the line attaches above the diff housing. 70's have the line come from right above the right hand coil and attach to the right axle tube on the diff. I didn't want to cut the crossmember and deal with a loose brake line, got this far with the right items, nice powder coat, didn't want to ghetto rig it and have a ugly lookin hole. Dispite no one would see it. I would know about. Well I call them back tell and explain to them that the situation with the rear lines took a wrong turn. All he said was I'll get the order in. I got a smile on my face, today daily stress level fell. Well I thought I'd post on this board to get a little more word about ECE and the way they will take controlle of a situation and help a customer to get what he wants.

Oh yeah i'm sending them the line I dont need.
Alexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2003, 06:47 PM   #2
Slammed67
Progress = 0%

I had the same problem.... ordered for a '72 thinking it'd be the same for my '69 frame. But I had the line kit sitting in my basement for about a year before I installed it. I didn't figure they'd take it back after all that time, so I went ahead and modified my cross member so the new line would fit. I would have rather done it the "correct" way, but like you said, nobody will see it.