The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-15-2011, 10:00 PM   #1
CowboyProtectionUnit

I know I've seen It here.....SOMEWHERE...

Hey... I gots Me LOTS OF TIME here Lately and I've searched over an over this site I know I've seen it here somewhere.... Some one Built their own Led Lights.... anyone remember where the thread is????

TheCowBoyProtectionUnit@yahoo.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Eric-T...59496227444241
CowboyProtectionUnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 03:33 PM   #2
DetroitDan

Re: I know I've seen It here.....SOMEWHERE...

I think 502ss did, or theres a link to someone else doing it inside of his build thread. Or maybe both. That's where I remember seeing it. Search for 502ss
Old 08-16-2011, 05:05 PM   #3
ARAMP1
ROCK*STAR

Re: I know I've seen It here.....SOMEWHERE...

Here's what I've done with mine. I don't have them installed yet; been working on my engine swap.

LMC and Dakota Digital both make an LED tail light conversion kit. But, I wanted something a little bit brighter and a little bit more spread out over the area of the tail light. Plus, the aftermarket ones are on a single circuit board. LEDs don't have a very wide viewing angle of light, so this will be spread over four circuit boards that will be at about 20 degrees from each other as to curve with the tail light lense.

Here's kind of what I had in mind. I'll have one circuit of 6 (5 in the middle on then one on the side) for tail lights, one circuit of 31 for brake light/turn signal and then one circuit of 12 for the back up lights.

Here's the mock-up of the center 5 LEDs. I built a voltage regulator so that as long as the vehicle is putting out between 7 and 30 volts, the LED circuit will have 5 volts avaliable. That way, the output will be the same whether the vehicle is off and there is only 12.6 volts or the vehicle is running and there is 14.5 volts.

Here's the circuit connected to a car battery. I wasn't sure how bright it would be, but they're damn bright.

Here's an idea of what it will look like with the lense over it and the lights out.

ARAMP1 is offline   Reply With Quote