The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 99-06 GMT800 Chevy and GMC Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-16-2011, 09:26 PM   #1
ybnaford

Hood Spring

On friday last week while on an install job, the guy I was working with had to jump start his van to go get parts. I gave him my keys and said use my truck since they were parked next to each other. He did, brought my keys back, then headed out. About 5 minutes later a guy walked up to me and asked if I had a red Chevy outside. I said yes and followed him out. He said he was getting into his truck when he heard a loud bang from my truck and that something fell out on the ground. Curious as to what it was, he said he put it on my tire. I walked around to the passenger side and sure enough found the hood spring was not longer in the truck. I gave the guy I was working with a good ribbing out breaking my truck but knew it probably was not his fault. When I got home I studied it for a bit then put it on. But it seems to not have the tension that the other one does. Questions: Is there a way to make it tighter, and not cause damage to oneself? And has anyone else experienced this phenom? Easy fix or not? Thx.