The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-18-2011, 08:29 PM   #1
Denee007

Seat decisions, what do you think?

Seeing as how I appreciate ya'lls opinions on things, I'm torn on a seat decision. what would you do?

This first seat came of out:
1) the '72 Impala, it is electric(I replaced a relay and it actually works). I would of course have it re-upholsterd to match whatever color I'm going to paint the interior of my cab. It has head rests.

2) This seat is what was in my '59 Apache. The PO covered them(sortof). This seat actually has the same electric seat "things", I could take the electric components out of the Impala and install them in this seat and it too would be electric. It may be a nicelooking seat after re-upholstering. Have any idea of what it may have come out of?

3) A third possibility is what Orrie did; the 3rd row seat out of a Tahoe(or similar), which would allow access to the master cylinder the way Orrie designed it, and it also has the buiilt in shoulder harness. and more than likely I can find one in really good shape and save money on reupholstering~

So, what do ya'll think?
dne'
ps: the reason I'm jumping on the seats now is I'd like to get the seats out of my garage and focus on one I'm going to actually use. Just need the room.
Denee007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 10:05 PM   #2
hotrodrookie

Re: Seat decisions, what do you think?

I would suggest the third option largely due to the seat belt harness being built in, and if you can find a black one they look really nice. Im planning on installing a new Tahoe second row seat, its larger than the third row and fits really snug in my cab.
hotrodrookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 10:11 PM   #3
Denee007

Wait a minute, I never heard anyone talk about a second row seat! lol Darn, ok, something else to look at! thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodrookie View Post
I would suggest the third option largely due to the seat belt harness being built in, and if you can find a black one they look really nice. Im planning on installing a new Tahoe second row seat, its larger than the third row and fits really snug in my cab.
Old 08-19-2011, 12:33 AM   #4
hotrodrookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denee007 View Post
Wait a minute, I never heard anyone talk about a second row seat! lol Darn, ok, something else to look at! thanks!!
Haha, yea its a tight fit between the door panels but I think will work out fine. I couldn't pass up the deal so thats why I got it. The seat is in two parts but is a full bench and black vinyl. It was brand new because it was a take out from a Tahoe built for police use. Sorry I dont have any pics of it on me.
hotrodrookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 08:34 AM   #5
Denee007

They must be a difficult seat to come by or just to look at ;I looked on ebay and CL and seems noone has one for sale, but the 3rd row always seem available. I'll be curious to see yours sometime. I've got a ways to go before I actually need a seat, but's fun looking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodrookie View Post
Haha, yea its a tight fit between the door panels but I think will work out fine. I couldn't pass up the deal so thats why I got it. The seat is in two parts but is a full bench and black vinyl. It was brand new because it was a take out from a Tahoe built for police use. Sorry I dont have any pics of it on me.
Old 08-19-2011, 09:33 AM   #6
BIG CHEVY 3600
BIG CHEVY 3600 LONGBOX

Well, call me picky but after careful measurement and buying two seats that weren't the perfect width and depth for my 51 I ordered one from Wise Guys. http://www.wiseguys-seats.com/ It fits perfectly.

http://s729.photobucket.com/albums/w...cpZZ3QQtppZZ20
BIG CHEVY 3600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 09:55 AM   #7
Denee007

You know, I've never even asked an upholstery place what they charge to reupholster a seat! There's a man at the Nify50ees here in Housotn ,Joe is his name, and he took me around to many of the Hot rods/classics there showing me his work~ the seats were beautiful! omg! but I couldn't bring myself to ask "how much?" Trying to stay within reason, the 3rd row seat looks to be the least expensive way out; how it rides? I don't know! I've got a ways to go yet~ no hurry, just shopping

Those are some really sweet seats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CHEVY 3600 View Post
Well, call me picky but after careful measurement and buying two seats that weren't the perfect width and depth for my 51 I ordered one from Wise Guys. http://www.wiseguys-seats.com/ It fits perfectly.
Old 08-19-2011, 08:32 PM   #8
Leroy-B1

Don't know what the red seat is our of bit if you decide to get rid of it keep me in mind
Posted via Mobile Device
Also have a set of dodge buddy buckets and are 57 inches side to side has anyone heard if they will fit .....oh yeah mines a 50 5 window
Leroy-B1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 02:08 PM   #9
Daze57

i pulled my seats out of a 99 chevy trailblazer - grey highbacks fit really really well - fabbed new mounts and set er in
Daze57 is offline   Reply With Quote