The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-18-2011, 10:03 PM   #1
CrazyJesster

had a guy try to pull a fast one

well today i got a txt for my add on cl im lookin for another square swb. anyway guy text me pics of a 85 step side 2wd . take note the pics were of the passenger side and interior. which didnt look to bad to me so i asked how much he said 2800. i said well thats out of my price range he asked what that was i said closer to 2000. he said ok good deal when you wanna come pick it up. i was like damn ok heh anyway so i made arrangements to go look at it tonight. the 80mile drive there and back. when i got there the passenger side wasnt bad at all. but the driver side front fender was trashed along with the door. the wood bed was rotted which can be expected. come to find out it was an old farm truck the guy bought it for 1800. the guy i was talkin to didnt even show up he paied someone to drive it to meet me. the guy bought it and put a holley 650 i guess it was i didnt take the numbers down. and tried to sell it to me at first for 2800. i would not even give no more than 1200 for it. anyway the look for another toy is long an not so good so far. when i didnt have the money i seen them all day long for sale. now i got the money and i see none lol
Old 08-18-2011, 10:36 PM   #2
J Knight

Re: had a guy try to pull a fast one

Thats funny, I searched for a while for mine and looked at quite a few. I had $5000 burning a hole in my pocket so I searched $5500 or less and I have to say there are alot of guys out there that think these trucks are worth way more than they are. The best example was a guy in Houston had his truck advertised for $5000 and alot of work done to it including paint so I called him and went to take a look.When he showed up it was smoking out the tail pipes and every single body panel on the truck had bondo, the rear cab trim was missing and half the clips for it, the remaining clips were painted over, no sill plates with shreded carpet. Basically it was a ROYAL POS. I was nice to him and said it was a little to rough for me and thanks any way, he said thats cool Ill do a little work on it and try to get $6000 out of it. If he would of said Ill let you have it for $500 I would of said no! I couldnt help but laugh at him as I drove away.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:41 PM   #3
CrazyJesster

yeah it kinda irraated me a bit but hopefuly ill find something. i got 2k burning a hole in my pocket lol. and im beeing mroe careful of what i buy after i bought the 84 in march. and found out it would be takin a step backwards insted of forwards.

my theroy is you want to move forward not backward
Old 08-19-2011, 11:26 AM   #4
spudz

there is a super nice 82 swb, buckskin tan with original paint right down the road from me for $1500. No rust ever, needs paint but its straight. runs and drives good. If I didnt have a dozen squares I would buy it.
2004 z71, 96 z71 on 38s, 88 Chevy k5 blazer, 4in lift. 84 swb project, 82 SWB project , 84 chevy 4x4 lwb project, 88 Jimmy beater/highschool ride. 79 c30. 99 tahoe 4x4 project. and a bunch of parts trucks..
spudz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 05:28 PM   #5
J Knight

Whazamatta Cole, runnin outta parkin??
Old 08-19-2011, 07:55 PM   #6
CrazyJesster

spudz thanks for the offer but im looking within my area in about a 200 mile range. i live in abilene texas i think sc be to far for me to go thanks though