The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 09:39 AM   #1
Roadmarks

To Josh;

I don't wish to continue this banter. I joined this forum to try to learn and to pass along what knowledge I could. I was unaware I had to agree with YOU to to do that. Please cancel my account and delete all my posts, few though they may be.

Sincerely,

Leslie E. Parker

(roadmarks)
Old 08-31-2011, 10:07 AM   #2
chewychevy67

Re: To Josh;

this is sad. i read your thread and its a shame to see someone who passed along useful info to others have to leave like this.
Old 08-31-2011, 11:04 AM   #3
treveiger

Hey man we all disagree sometimes, just try to ignore an forget about it. It's a shame to leave over a little dispute...
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-31-2011, 11:58 AM   #4
67Slider

Quote:
Originally Posted by treveiger View Post
Hey man we all disagree sometimes, just try to ignore an forget about it. It's a shame to leave over a little dispute...
Posted via Mobile Device
I agree. You have provided great info and it would be a shame to lose a great member over a squabble.
Old 08-31-2011, 12:24 PM   #5
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Nice.. its always great when someone you know in person goes off the deepend, and does not even allow the admins time to reply to email requests about this topic. Hate to see anyone go, but no we do not delete accounts nor posts for hissy fits, as it disrupts the flow of the site.

If you would had allowed time for the email to be replied to, I am sure this could had been resolved rather easily.

Btw, the "childish moderator" you referred to was me, not Josh and not the 67-72 mods. When a vendor has been removed from the site due to non support and circumventing rules, we do not allow advertising for them. I believe you did indeed wish to help others, but did not realize this was the situation. The thread was moved by my for review by staff due to the pissing match within it, as well as the advertising for a banned vendor.

Your statement in email to us of us allowing the vendors to run the site or parts areas is outlandish, and uncalled for. Frankly if you wish to go off on a tanget and snap on Josh over a simple thread...then by all means, please do log out. I am seriously disappointed by your contact in email, and even more so in calling this out here. Its something I would expect out of a much less mature person.

So with that all said, heres the deal. If you wish to be here and stay a good term member, great! We however can and will not advertise for banned vendors, and allow site supporting ones to get screwed by doing so. If you can't handle that nor the rules, then by all means log off the site. I will not put up with being spoken to like a child, nor being scolded for upholding the integrity of the community here.

Thanks
Closed Thread