The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-01-2011, 06:17 AM   #1
Lippyp
English Chevy Owner

Water pump bolt torque figures

I've just got back from three and a half weeks on vacation at our holiday home in France with a sudden need to get the engine on my truck running fairly quickly, reason being we've finally it seems, sold our house after having it for sale for nearly four years! The buyers want to move pretty quickly as its being bought by a company to turn it into a respite home for kids so I need to get the truck running enough to get it driven out of my back yard and onto a flatbed to move it.

I pulled the waterpump to clean and paint it and the front of the engine before we went away so need to get it back on. Anyone know offhand what torque the waterpump bolts should be tightened to? Its a 350 with a short pump if that helps. Saves me having to dig out the books. One way or another the next house will have a decent sized garage big enough to get it in so I can then really crack on with getting it fixed up.

Going to see six houses on Sunday, at least two have triple garages, one complete with inspection pit, sadly the one we really liked the look of (which had a 39' x 22' garage with a 39' x 17' attached storage barn) had been taken off the market the evening before we rang to make an appointment to view it.

'67 C10 long fleet.
350/TH350, 4 bbl Carter, K&N, Dual exhaust, loads of stuff coming soon

2001 S10 Blazer Daily Driver, bone stock 4 door 4x4 with manual transmission
Lippyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 07:33 AM   #2
hugger6933

Re: Water pump bolt torque figures

use the german torque method, goodintight .Sorry could'nt resist being a smart tail. I always just tighten then down in a criss cross pattern Iwould guess on the torque numbers somewhere 18-22 ft.lbs.
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 10:49 AM   #3
Lee H

Re: Water pump bolt torque figures

30 foot pounds. You sound use a little sealer on the ones that go into the water jacket.
Posted via Mobile Device

1965 Corvette roadster, 44K miles, 327/365 SHP, 4 speed, side exhaust, knockoffs, teak, second owner (bought in 1970), Have ALL numbers matching components.

My frame off restoration thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=556703
Lee H is offline   Reply With Quote