The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-06-2011, 10:19 PM   #1
MLong

04' GMC 1500 Suspension Question

I recently purchased a 04' GMC Sierra 1500 5.3L Z71 and was wondering if anyone had suggestions on the best 6" suspension lift out there for the money? Thank you in advance for your suggestions.
MLong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 11:19 PM   #2
Mr. 250r

Re: 04' GMC 1500 Suspension Question

I think this probably would go in a different section but ill answer anyways i have an 03 and i bought a fabtech 6in which i find to be the best but everyone has different opinions i tested it against my friends 05 with a 4in. pro comp or rancho cant remember and it was a much better ride both running 33's except i have a 3in body lift and he paid about 500$ more i got my lift through 4wheelonline because the 4wd place here wanted twice as much and it was like 50% off it was a deal
1991 V2500 Suburban Silverado - Sold
1991 V2500 Suburban Scottsdale - Big Nasty http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=497423
2001 Ram 3500 5.9 H.O NV56 EC DRW - Sold
2003 1500 Silverado
2004 Ram 3500 5.9 H.O NV56 CC DRW - Sold
2005 Silverado 2500HD 6.6/ZF6 CC LWB
Mr. 250r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 10:42 AM   #3
thirdstreettito
Resident of Here

BDS Suspension. Lifetime replacement warranty. Nuff said.

Miss having a truck
thirdstreettito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 02:04 AM   #4
brett3xx

Hi, The problem you get with asking this question is that most people are only familiar with the kit that is on their truck or a buddy's truck, and since they paid for it....its going to be better than the other brands for whatever reason. Almost any suspension lift you buy will come with a lifetime warranty excluding shocks and powder coating. Ive installed hundreds of ifs lift kits, you can check out our website nothingbutlifts.com for some pics of some of the trucks we've done. Here is my opinion based on installing just about every kit out there:

Cognito motorsports offers the best kit money can buy, but your going to spend a good bit more for this kit.

RCX has the best kit for the money. It is a very well designed kit and fits great. We install tons of these, its probably our #1 seller. This kit also comes with the new anti wrap blocks which are really nice. They also have their new 2.2 shocks that are optional. The only thing I don't like about the RCX kit is that its only a 5" lift, the torsion is adjusted up 1" to get the advertised 6" of lift.

Superlift makes great lifts at a decent price. They offer 3 lifts for your truck. bracket kit, standard knuckle kit, fit kit. The fit kit is overpriced and only a 5" lift, and the bracket kit is an outdated design that should be avoided at all cost. The standard knuckle kit is a great kit and is a full 6" lift. Im not a fan of how they do the rear set up though, 5" block stacked on top of the factory 2" block.

Fabtech makes a very strong kit, their front and rear cross-members are braced in way that adds a great deal of strength. All of the previously mentioned lifts will slightly increase your front track width, but its not that noticeable. The Fabtech lift however, will increases the track enough that it is noticeable, so you'll want to get some 2"-2.5" wheel spacers for the rear. If you don't like your wheels and tires sticking out past the fenders don't go with this kit. I should also mention fabtech is on the pricey side, and will cost you a good bit more than most of the others.

Rancho makes a great kit for these truck, but it is greatly overpriced and since its a full one piece subframe fitment isn't all that great. Fitment aside the one piece subframe is nice and very strong

Skyjacker also has a good lift but its overpriced. Why pay more for something that not any better than a less expensive model?

Procomp is a decent kit, but you can get a better lift like RCX or superlift for less.

BDS I'm not very familiar with so I'm not going to comment on them.

That all I have for now, If you have any more questions about these or any I for got to mention PM me.

Thanks, Brett
brett3xx is offline   Reply With Quote