The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-07-2011, 05:26 PM   #1
viking427

anchor plates and gas tanks ?

Have a broken anchor plate (4 hole plate that holds the axle tube onto the leaf spring) on passenger rear of a 69 K5 Blazer, anyone know what years interchange with it so we can begin our hunt. LMC and other catalogs don't even list them. One spring distributor said 67-87 are the same on GM 1/2 ton (3" tube) "K" series 4wd, but I thought I'd better confirm here with the experts Also, all the new replacement gas tanks (metal & poly) just have 2" stub tubes for filling, where the original fills had a nice formed "S" metal tube leading out from the tank. Do they really expect us to cut/weld our old S tubes back on there, or just install a longer rubber hose ? WhatRy'all doing about this on new tanks ? Thanks
viking427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 10:13 AM   #2
hoopty-cuztom

Re: anchor plates and gas tanks ?

i cant help with the anchor plate but i did put new poly gas tank in mine the other day, i read all these threads talking about its such a PITA but there was nothing to it i went to my oreilly auto parts got me a filler neck hose the was
1" 3/8 ID i also changed the other rubber hoses under there. just have to cut the rubber filler neck hose to length once i got the tank in. i dont have a body lift either all these people were saying if you had a body lift it was easy but if not then the neck on the tank would not work where it was.

mine came from GMCpauls for 229. with shipping it was 277. i got it in about 4 days
hoopty-cuztom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 03:44 PM   #3
swyfor5

I put a tank out of a 72 burb in mine. Just cut the fill neck off long enough to slip a longer fill hose on and clamp it. Worked just fine. Got some pic's of the tank on my build thread in other forum.
swyfor5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 12:12 AM   #4
old man jimmy

On your "plates" I've broke the ears off of several through the years, and finally went to ones from dodge. They're stamped steele, and not so brittle. You do have to drill the holes out a little though.[dodge used smaller u-bolts] But have worked great for the last 25 yrs or so. Most any 4 wheel drive shop probably has a bunch of them laying around.
old man jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 10:25 AM   #5
viking427

Quote:
Originally Posted by old man jimmy View Post
On your "plates" I've broke the ears off of several through the years, and finally went to ones from dodge. They're stamped steele, and not so brittle. You do have to drill the holes out a little though.[dodge used smaller u-bolts] But have worked great for the last 25 yrs or so. Most any 4 wheel drive shop probably has a bunch of them laying around.

Thanks Old Man, any idea what years/model Dodge plates work ? 1/2 ton 4x4 Ram or ?
viking427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 06:55 PM   #6
old man jimmy

most any year should fit as long as they fit the axle contours. It was in the 70's when I went to them. So the ones I have have to be from that time slot.
Old 09-10-2011, 07:10 PM   #7
old man jimmy

Hope this helps..
Attached Images

Old 09-17-2011, 12:01 AM   #8
ntd

you can also put a 31 gallon tank in a K5, take all the original tank n stuff out, hang the straps from the back of the blazer and attach a nice piece of angle across the frame and attach the straps there...it fits nice, the only hitch was the filler neck location. luckily I had a friend who cut and rewelded the filler neck on the correct side. then it was easy. vent hoses, sending unit etc.
ntd is offline   Reply With Quote