The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-09-2011, 02:23 PM   #1
gmtec93c1500

my grandfauthers ole trucks

In the 50's all the way through the 90's my Grandfather was a pop dealer for Prince Edward Island. He sold brands such as sussex, canada dry and pure springs. Sometimes he tells me some amazing storys of how things used to me done Over and some of the challenges that they have overcome.
One of my favorites is the story of how one small store in western PEI used to use natural spring water to chill there pop. there was a spring in the basement of the store that they built a channel in, the water flowed through the channel where the pop was placed then outside to a neer by brook!
the years he collected quite a collection of old trucks signs racks bottles crates coolers and many other neat little things. most of everything is rusted out rotted and gone now but some of the reminders still pop up(no pun intended). today i went for a walk behind his home and country store in Harrington PEI and took some pictures of what i could see... i am hoping that maybe just maybe he will let me into his warehouse and see some of the collection he has gathered.
my grandfather is a quiet man and nothing is ever given up on, nothing is ever throw away and NOTHING is sold. so please don't ask.
attached some pictures i took today of the woods behind his home there is a 57 GMC. Im hoping some of you guys can tell me more about it. it has a large strait 6 engine in it, Im not sure what size. a floor shift trans with what Im guessing is a 2 speed rear axle, unfortionitly the center section it missing. there is also some pictures of a 78 gmc crew cab with a 350 engine and a th400 trans and a 76 gmc 6500 with a tall deck 427.

over the next few weeks im going to try and keep updating this thread with some more storys and pictures
Attached Images

gmtec93c1500 is offline   Reply With Quote