The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-12-2011, 11:25 PM   #1
darkone

My Headlamp is sunken, and it wont come out :(

my headlight is sunk back about an inch deeper than it should be. I took a hit on that side about a year ago, but i replaced the core support and fender. It must be that my core support mount got shoved back an inch or so also. Wondering if they have custom headlights that can account for depth changes? or spacers? any ideas? not too keen on yanking my frame now that ive fully rebuilt and mounted everything on it already.
Attached Images

darkone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 11:26 PM   #2
darkone

Re: My Headlamp is sunken, and it wont come out :(

L & r
Old 09-13-2011, 12:23 AM   #3
LockDoc
The Older Generation

-
If the core support is a different one I would think that the core support mounting bracket on the frame, or the frame itself is bent. I don't know what else could cause that on just one side... If the new core support is a '67 or '68 they are different than your truck but I would think it would affect both sides the same.

Edit: I just got to thinking.... if it is an early core support then the larger holes in your core support brackets on the frame could let the core support float back and forth that much, but I wouldn't think that the core support to fender bolts would line up. I don't know, I'm just thinking to myself here. (It's too late at night for an old fart to be thinking...

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-

Last edited by LockDoc; 09-13-2011 at 12:37 AM.
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 12:55 AM   #4
darkone

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDoc View Post
-
If the core support is a different one I would think that the core support mounting bracket on the frame, or the frame itself is bent. I don't know what else could cause that on just one side... If the new core support is a '67 or '68 they are different than your truck but I would think it would affect both sides the same.

Edit: I just got to thinking.... if it is an early core support then the larger holes in your core support brackets on the frame could let the core support float back and forth that much, but I wouldn't think that the core support to fender bolts would line up. I don't know, I'm just thinking to myself here. (It's too late at night for an old fart to be thinking...

LockDoc
Thanks for thinkin on it anyway doc
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-13-2011, 10:26 AM   #5
JORGIE95961

I agree if the core support mounts were off then the fenders wouldnt line up... what about your light buckets?
JORGIE95961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 10:47 AM   #6
darkone

Light buckets seem straight, im here looking at it right now trying to figure out what to do. It looks like yanking the core mount might be the only solution unless some brilliant mind has a n ingenious idea to which I would be very appreciative
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-13-2011, 10:52 AM   #7
JORGIE95961

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkone View Post
Light buckets seem straight, im here looking at it right now trying to figure out what to do. It looks like yanking the core mount might be the only solution unless some brilliant mind has a n ingenious idea to which I would be very appreciative
Posted via Mobile Device
ohhhohhh ohhh.. Ok so i really think your core mountis ok.. if by core mount youmean where it mounts on to th eframe.. really becquse your fenders wouldnt line up.. Is this core oem or aftermarket?.. Ive never bought anything new that actually fit. how about where the light bucket actually sits.. ho ws about you take a few more pics as youremove the light.. just saying .. its kinda weird
Old 09-13-2011, 10:53 AM   #8
JORGIE95961

hmm can you adjust your light out anymore with the adjusters..
My apologies i know its something simple but thats usually when i get lost
Old 09-13-2011, 12:02 PM   #9
darkone

i got a thick foam pad, put it against the firewall with my back to that, a foot to the back of the firewall and stretched it. it worked for the most part. i may still have to put a spacer behind the bulb, but shouldnt be too bad. thanks for the help all!
Old 09-14-2011, 10:21 AM   #10
19seventeeCustom

its your headlight frame off the core support that is bent,, mine was the same way when I purchased my truck,, it was about 3/4" too far in... A slide hammer will pull it right out to where it needs to be.

It was hard to tell is was bent until we started to measure and noticed it........
19seventeeCustom is offline   Reply With Quote